What's new

Lights for 60 gallon

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I have been looking at two lights to grow,swords,wisteria,and staurogyne repens. One has been fluctuating in price from 44-50 and I dont want pay day to come and not have enough so which one would work for these plants?

Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Freshwwater Plant Extendable

DayNight RGB LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant 24/7 Remote Automation VivaGrow

and now the fluctuating one

Remote Control Aquarium LED Light Plant +24/7 HI LUMEN RGB Automate

I would rather the beamswork be able to work if not I can go with one of the others if the beamswork wont cut it.

This prolly won't help, but.....
I was lured to planted tanks by the 48" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 LED light for my 60g.
The 24/7 mode is so surreal. I have it on a timer from 6am to midnight. It starts up with a yellow orange sunrise, ramps up to midday sun, then a round 3pm, it ramps back down to sunset and then blue moonlight. This adds such a natural realism to the tank.
I'll confess that I often take it out of 24/7 mode from 10am - 3pm to provide more light for some of my plants (due to the 24" depth)....although I think it will soon be time to leave in 24/7 mode all the time with [even] less ferts for a trial period.

I am on a budget and after looking at many reviews on lights I think the beamswork is the best bang for buck deal. at a possible 27-30 par on a 60 gallon?I will take it.

Not much point in asking a question if you already have your answer.
Unless one is in the 1%, we're all 'on a budget', especially for hobby stuff...but sometimes you have to pay more to get more! :)
But the beamswork will prolly work just fine for you.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back