Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Life Span Of A Silver Dollar?

Discussion in 'Cyprinids, Characins and Atherinids' started by hensonc4098, May 25, 2009.

1. hensonc4098

hensonc4098 Member

We have 3 silver dollars - 2 are about 9 years old but the old man is 16.
    Just wondering how long they live (and how much longer I have to put up with their daftness :rolleyes: :lol:)

Claire

2. england

england channa aka snakehead

Everywhere ive read it seem's to say 10year's plus....so your's are doing great :good:

3. M.R Otter

M.R Otter Member

The silver dollar can live for about 10 years,but if well care for they can reach for 12 years!!but your silver dollar lived for 16 years :hyper: you had been doing a great job caring for it.

4. Mary Carther

Mary Carther New Member

This is an old post, but just to reiterate, 3 of my 4 silver dollars are at least 13 years old. I got them from a pet store as young adults 12 years ago. The previous owner had "surrendered" them and I got them for free. :D I figure they must be at least 13. The fourth is the offspring of a mating pair I had. (The mom died of a tumor at the ripe old age of 10, I still have the dad). They had about 14 surviving little ones that I gave away and just kept one of them. I started out with 6 SDs, but two of them died prematurely, one of a tumor and the other one (I assume) of a broken spine, when it jumped into the top glass in the middle of the night and died instantly.