The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StandbySetting

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello all

It's certainly been a while!

After years of hearing 'as soon as you have your own place you can have any tank you want' 3' echo from my mother - the day has finally come and today I picked up my Lido 200 which looks rather large in my 1 bedroom apartment!

A run down of specs:
Tank Juwel Lidl 200 - 200l capacity

Filtration will be provided by the built on internal filter with an updated 1500lph pump - I may add a circulation pump too

Lighting is 56w of T5

As far as plant nutrition goes I'm using an inert black sand, with my own blend of dry salts mixed into the base layer. I will be injecting CO2 with a fire extinguisher system. I'm using Aqua Essentials Neutro liquid CO2, and their all in one Neutro plus fertiliser.

Hardscape will be wood of some description though I've not seen anything decent yet.

I haven't yet drawn up a list of plants but Hemianthus calitricoides will feature as will my favourite plants Cryptocorynes of numerous species.

Fish are more of an after thought as the plant growth is my main concern at the moment but angel fish are definitely in the mix somewhere.

A few pics of progress so far, I only built the stand and tank up tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    999.7 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 738
Last edited:
Plants are in - species I've used:

Hemianthus callitrichoides
Cryptocoryne wendtii green
Cryptocoryne petchii
Rotala 'green'
Hygrophila polysperma
Pogostemon helferi
Eleocharis acicularis
Valliseneria - not 100% sure on what species
Anibias nana bonsai
Heteranthera zosterifolia red

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    835.3 KB · Views: 431
So it's been 5 days, I've added 12 red eye Tetra's - boy they are feisty for their size, not 100% sure on the angels any more - I think these tetras are too boisterous. bit of plant die off as they adapt to growing submerged but other than that all gravy.

Attachments

• IMG_3241.JPG
    IMG_3241.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 574
Just a quick update, HC Removed and now everything is really starting to grow after the settling in period.

Current inhabitants:
30 cherry shrimp
4 Alamo shrimp
12 red eye tetra
6 dwarf neon rainbows

Attachments

• IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 539
Love your aquarium, the progression updates are great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

I will get round to adding photos at some stage but just a quick stock list update

I now have:

6 juvenile angel fish (hoping to form a pair and remove the rest)
A pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides who have spawned three times since I added them last week
A pair of keyhole cichlids who again have spawned
12 red eyes tetras
10 dwarf neon rainbows
6 Corydoras Julii
6 albino Bronze Corydoras who have spawned
Many cherry shrimp
4 amano shrimp
And a pair of bristle nose plecos

That's me pretty much done for fish unless I see anything else I fancy, they must be happy because there is a lot of spawning activity - especially from the cichlids which is interesting, good job I have a load of plants to stop them being so aggressive.

As I failed to post pictures before here is a FTS- I couldn't be more happy with how things are growing in at the minute, not only that the fish I have are getting on great, this is one of the most enjoyable set ups I've had in a long while:

Current stock list:
6 angel fish
2 keyhole cichlids
2 cockatoo apisto's
12 red eye tetras
10 dwarf neon rainbows
6 albino cory's
6 bronze cory's
6 Corydoras julii
8 marbled hatchetfish
1 guppy (rescued from a friend)
A bristlenose pleco

My stocking is quite high but the water chemistry is very good at the moment. PH sitting between 6.5-7.5 dependant on CO2 injection.

The keyhole cichlids and Apisto's continue to spawn weekly as do the bronze and albino Cory's so they must be happy!

As far as shrimp go I think the red cherry shrimp has been decimated by the cichlids.
The Amano's are still going strong though.

Algae is minimal too, just a touch of diatoms but to be expected as it is still a fairly immature setup.

Attachments

• IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    916 KB · Views: 641

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back