Leaking Fluval 204

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chris301up

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone found a cure for the leaks around the seal at the top of the Fluval 204 and others in the range?

I have just purchased a second hand one off Ebay and it was working fine until a couple of days ago.

By reading the posts in this forum it seams that the Fluval is prone to leaks? I have tried most, if not all, of the suggestions put forward but none seam to work.

I am sure most who reply will suggest binning it, but I am sure there must be a solution to this problem somewhere?

When you fill it up if you have got water in the gap between the seal and the outside of the canister it will leak (I do this almost all the time) make sure it is try and push down quite hard on the top to ensure a good seal. If this doesnt help you may need a new rubber ring, they are only a few quid.
Hope this helps

When you fill it up if you have got water in the gap between the seal and the outside of the canister it will leak (I do this almost all the time) make sure it is try and push down quite hard on the top to ensure a good seal. If this doesnt help you may need a new rubber ring, they are only a few quid.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply.

I have replaced the seal and tried all the other suggestions posted but it still won't have it.

If after I fill up the unit and lean it at a 45% angle it leaks between the motor unit and the cannister, and because of this it inputs air when trying to prime, and consequently will not pump water.

I'm now getting annoyed !!!

Most reactions

Back