Lazy Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LetsBeFriends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have been reading on this forum that every one has very livly pictus catfish mine how ever is not, he or she (dont know) or pop tart as i call him sits under his rock all day and only comes out to feed and sometimes he comes out very late at night (2 or 3 in the morning). Is it possible i just have a lazy fish, he looks healthy but is there something i might be missing??

IMG_3635.jpg

pic of the main tank, the cave i was talking about is the one on the right

IMG_3640.jpg

pic of poptart

yikes, thanks i guess i should look into getting a bigger tank for him and maby a buddy

is that a leporinus i see in the first picture? they too should be kept in a large tank as they can grow 12 inches... and watch out as they get bigger they get meaner, they can be very nasty and will eat anything that fits its mouth.

Leporinus arent just mean, they are pure evil.

Leporinus arent just mean, they are pure evil.

Just wanted to point out this site which contradicts what you have suggested however please take heed to cfc as he may be talking from experience and I am merely pointing out how we are all misled.
[URL="http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile1.html"]http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile1.html[/URL]

Personally I feel a lot more needs to be done to help people like myself choose fish appropriately. The guys in the shop sy don't do as the books say and I think well it must be right but then here is website saying ...

"A somewhat peaceful species that benefits from a large aquaria."

"

Read the replies from people below the profile in the link, most of them say that their Leporinus attacked or killed other fish in their tank.

My own personal experiences are that they killed several other fish that i tried to house with them and the only thing i've found that can survive with them is my Exodons, and Exodons arent nice characters.

yikes, thanks i guess i should look into getting a bigger tank for him and maby a buddy
Dony just get one buddy, its likely that one will attack the other alot, so keep them in groups of 3 or more so that the aggression is spread, and like others have said, get a bigger tank :good:

I agree 100% all I m saying is that asking around gives you a better perspective but also I would like more to make sure these fish do not get in wrong hands.

CFC my next fish is a red tailed cat fish they are awesome and are very easy to keep . CFC knows that I like nice fish .....

what he will not know tis a picture not the real mcCoy

what do u guys suggest i do about the black banded Leporinus and the pictus catfish , i have had 2 barbs go missing (eaten) (they were very small though)?????

Well pictus catfish are predators so if small fish are your thing then pictus cats shouldnt be in the tank. Leporinus become intensely territorial as they grow and more and more aggressive, i watched mine rip out the throat of a larger spotted garfish in the blink of an eye and for no reason.

What you do with the fish is up to you, but to what i can see neither fish is suitable for your tank or as tankmates for your other fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back