The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SuckerLove86

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Picture2335011.jpg

they were just too cute to resist....

they're so tiny right now!!! like... *maybe* two and a half inches. and they can't be any thicker than the frame of a pair of glasses... so cute.

Very cute indeed! :*

Unnless thats the flash, they look to have some formof abrasion on their back. The one to the bottum of the pics is in the middle, and the one at the top of the pic, towards his tail.

Just keep an eye out, and make sure if u need to treat, do it at a recomended dosage for scaleless fish. :nod:

(Unless my eye sight is crud ) :p

hey, no worries. that was definitely the flash. i just went and looked at them, their pattern is solid.

thanks for looking out for me though :thumbs:

wow they are gorgeous :wub: and quite unsualy markings from the ones I've seen.

I do have one Kuhli I bought with a couple of those "whitish" markings though. I didn't notice it in the shop but as soon as I got him home I did. He's been fine for months now though and still has those markings.

I saw some in my lfs last week again and they were even smaller than than yours by the sounds of it. They were just like tiny little thread worms, and not even 1.5" but already had their markings. To be honest I think the ones I saw were too small really to have been sold.

Hope you don't mind, but here are my two :)

Kuhlis.jpg

I've got 6 all together, they're very cute, although I don't see them much. Four in one tank, two in the other, but I think I'll move the two back as I'm hopefully getting some chain loaches or cories today :D Whoo!

I'm hoping to get some next week. The first shipment came in with fungus and ick and died within a day or so. I then tried another place. They arrived alive but very lethagric and died one by one over the next day. I mean you put them in the tank and they laid where they landed. So sad. I think it might have been amonia poisioning.

I set up the tank again with fresh water and greens, added bio-spiro and there's one small snail from the apple family living in there now. I'll check the readings on Wednesday when they are shipped. Keep your fingers crossed.

Mind you, all the others that went out from that order were fine.

wow they are gorgeous :wub: and quite unsualy markings from the ones I've seen.

that's because they are Acanthophthalmus kuhlii sumatranus or the Sumatran Khulie.
not Acanthophthalmus (Pangio) mysersi Kulie loach.

Great pics and stunning fish :thumbs:

I've got some of those I think and two or three sub/closely related species. There are five or six of subspecies or closely related ones that are virtually identical. I somehow ended up with a batch of 5 with at least three different groups represented. They don't seem to mind it though. Wish I could get more of them and some like those.

I had the same thing in the last batch that died. Five were pango and two were the others. I actually prefer the smaller ones because I think they have a better chance of living their full life out and being happy in a tank.

Nice :) I'm pretty sure mine are Acanthophthalmus cuneovirgatus, or Indian Thorn eye. Although I haven't seen any of the 'thorns'... -_-

I do know for certain I have a pair of Indian Thorn eyes; they're the ones most "active" in the ank which doesn't say much as I see them maybe two or three times in a week. :p

i love these little guys :wub: saw some in the lfs awhile ago, and now there are none left.. when the new tank gets set up i'd quite like some!

just a quick question though.. how big do they grow??

thanks
:)

i love these little guys :wub: saw some in the lfs awhile ago, and now there are none left.. when the new tank gets set up i'd quite like some!

just a quick question though.. how big do they grow??

thanks
:)

Everything I can seem to find on the different species says they should generally grow to be 5 inches or so... and considering how big they are right now, I doubt they'll get much "chubbier".... it'll be interesting to watch them grow.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back