Kribensis Tank Mates

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lynnemccarley

Reaction score
hi all just got 2 kribs (got 2 females as i hear they can b very aggressive when they breed and was told by LPS that this was fine) i had a clear out so all i have in the tank is the 2 kribs 9 mixed corys and a queen arabesque plec. just wonderd what other dwarf cichlids would go with the kribs and if the corys would b ok with them as im reading alot of mixed reports on how they get on. so anyone whos keppt them together would b greatfull of u'r storys and any advise u can give
ps anyone heard of golden-eyed dwarf cichlid real name nannacara anomala? thanx :good: :good:

Since they won't be breeding you can keep them with just about anything. I've had them with angels, blue rams, many kinds of tetras, rasboras, gouramis, hatchetfish, dwarf flag cichlids, cories, and kuhlis.
What size is your tank? It seems quite bottom-heavy, but if it's large enough a pair of rams would be fine. (Or at least mine were.) You could also try apistos or dwarf flags (curviceps).

I HAVE HAD KRIBS FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS 2 BAD SPAWNINGS DUE TO EGGS BEING EATEN AND 1 GOOD SPAWNING IN BREEDING TANK LATER I HAVE MOVED MY KRIB [MALE DIED] AND 30 / 40 1" FRY INTO THE MAIN AQUARIUM I ADD THEY ARE IN THERE WITH 6 3" RED BELLIED PIRANHA 2 PLECS 1 ALBINO BLACK WIDOW TETRA AND A PAKISTANI LOACH !! YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE PIRANHA WOULD OF EATEN THEM BUT AS YET FINGERS CROSSED THEY ARE ALL ALIVE WHETHER IT IS BECAUSE I NEVER MISS FEEDING TIMES I DO NOT KNOW BUT SO FAR SO GOOD AFTER 1 MONTH. ALSO I MIGHT LIKE TO ADD THAT AS THE TANK IS WELL DECORATED AND HAS LOTS OF CAVES PLANTS ETC I WASN'T ABLE TO CATCH THE KRIB BEFORE ADDING MY PIRANHA I THOUGHT MY KRIB WAS CERTAIN TO END UP ON THESE GUYS PLATE BUT IN FACT QUITE THE OPPISITE HAS HAPPENED AND THE KRIB IS VERY TERRITORIAL AND ACTUALLY CHASES THE PIRANHA AWAY WHICH IS QUITE A JOY TO WATCH AS YOU CAN NEVER PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH DIFFERENT SPECIES OF FISH !!! I HAVE A 40" X 20" X 18" AQUARIUM WITH FLUVAL FILTER AND UNDERGRAVEL FILTER, WATER IS CHANGED EVERY WEEK UNEATEN FOOD DEBRIES ARE TAKEN OUT AFTER THREE QUATERS OF AN HOUR TO STOP ANY WATER QUALITY PROBLEMS. IF ANYONE HAS GOT ANY MORE FASCINATING STORIES ONTHESE VERY PERCULIAR FISH PLEASE LET ME KNOW !!!

well i got kribs with::
1, JD
3, Firemouths
2, Severums
1, Red tail shark
2, angels
2, plecos
and a keyhole.

they all get along fine :good:

u got to just choose the right fish and make sure none are gettin bullied in the tank

i have 2 female kribs with 6 angelfish,2 dwarf gouramis,2 clown loaches,2 swordtails,and a senegal bichir.

I have never had luck with Kribs and corries. THe corries always get beaten up and killed. I wouldnt keep 2 females together, they can be agressive as well, i woudl get 1m/1f and let them breed. What size tank is it? How long has it been set up?

I'm shocked some of you are keeping them with larger cichlids and PIRANAHS not really the best advice to be giving! lol

Most reactions

trending

Back