Kribensis Breeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bigd5482

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So every time I think my Kribs have spawned it ends up being not the case. However I believe they are getting closer. The first time the female stayed in the cave a lot came out just to the outside of the cave but the male didn't stay by the cave and then nothing. The second time female did this again but male stayed by the outside of the cave this time but again nothing. The third time the female and possibly male piled gravel up in the entrance of the cave so the opening was smaller and the female again stayed inside with the male on the outside. Again nothing and the female is now swmming around again.

Now tonight I caught the female with a really really dark purple belly bending almost in a U shape in front of the male. Is this her trying to court the male into spawning or is something wrong with her?

Now tonight I caught the female with a really really dark purple belly bending almost in a U shape in front of the male. Is this her trying to court the male into spawning or is something wrong with her?

That's her way of letting him know that she's ready. :good: She'll bend her body and quiver to show off her belly to him.

Cool well hopefully they will spawn this time. This is the first time I"ve seen them have the rocks piled up in front of the cave entrance and also the first time I"ve seen her belly as purple as it is and her bend and quiver like that. Was really an amazing site to see.

He seems to be slightly in breeding colors his colors are darker and I see a slight reddish belly forming but its really faint. Time will tell I guess.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back