Kribensis Breeding Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ive just got a pair of super reds apparently, still waiting to see if that colour develops. They have been in my 300L around 10 days or so now and are staying together pretty well after a up and down start. Im just wondering what size your grow out tank is? As If mine were to breed I only have a 5g spare at the moment, how many do you think I coild grow out in that tank before putting them back in the 300?

And how long would you reckon before they are large enough to be rehoused in the 300? Any help appreciated :good:
mine are growing out in a ten gallon. but as long as you keep up on the water changes you should be able to grow out up to thirty in your five gallon. and i am waiting till mine are an inch or about two months old until i plan on selling them.

Random question, but is it possible for the male to kill the female? I discovered some fry yesterday, and the female is no where to be seen. The male is looking after them 24/7 :(
Sadly they will. I have had males kill females before because they felt the female was a threat to the fry :( .

hi great owrk on the fry and just to let you know these arnt your common run of the mill kribensis (pelvicachromis pulcher) these are super red pelvicachromis pulchers ... well from the male at least .....heres a video of my old pair i had

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back