Juwel Rio 125 T5 Light Unit- Been Scammed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

stephford

Reaction score
Hi all who are reading this. I'm hoping someone has a replacement light unit for my new ( well new to me) Rio 125 tank. I bought it locally and when I got it back I realised the lid is not the right one and doesn't fit properly. My fault as I should have scrutinised before buying but I didn't know what the right lid should look like. Anyway, now £100 down I need to find a lid and light unit. Does anyone have one they wish to sell or know where I can get one now cheap at all? Appreciate your help so much, can't put any fishies in until I have one as my cat can lift this lid!! Arghh

Can I ask why buying the wrong lid is being scammed? Why not take it back and say you bought the wrong lid?

leighton_87 said:
I assume it was a second hand eBay/gumtree purchase sold as seen so quite hard to take back

I was told after being scammed with a purchase on Gumtree that I should have contacted them to see if they could do anything about it?  Apparently they have some policies for sellers?  I am not 100% sure as it was awhile from buying to hearing this advice, so I never followed through.  To be honest, I felt sorry for the fish so took it all anyway, then promptly gave the hug catfish in the 28L away to the LFS and he found a home of 340L - not bad for him hey.  I found the heater had no fuse and the wires inside the glass were broken, plus the filter had fish poop from at least a year or more, so much so the sponges had shrunk and were just poo really.  As for the amount in the impeller, I am surprised it was able to spin! 

Lesson learnt, offer less money to take the fish off their hands, find them a good home, and ignore the rest!

Don't feel like you need to buy fish in order to save them, It will make more problems for you than them, Rehoming fish can take days or even weeks and they'll just suffer in your tanks if you don't have any for them in the first place!

Is the lid completely beyond redemption? Would it fit if you modified it?

RCA said:
I assume it was a second hand eBay/gumtree purchase sold as seen so quite hard to take back

I was told after being scammed with a purchase on Gumtree that I should have contacted them to see if they could do anything about it?  Apparently they have some policies for sellers?  I am not 100% sure as it was awhile from buying to hearing this advice, so I never followed through.  To be honest, I felt sorry for the fish so took it all anyway, then promptly gave the hug catfish in the 28L away to the LFS and he found a home of 340L - not bad for him hey.  I found the heater had no fuse and the wires inside the glass were broken, plus the filter had fish poop from at least a year or more, so much so the sponges had shrunk and were just poo really.  As for the amount in the impeller, I am surprised it was able to spin! 

Lesson learnt, offer less money to take the fish off their hands, find them a good home, and ignore the rest!

techen said:
Don't feel like you need to buy fish in order to save them, It will make more problems for you than them, Rehoming fish can take days or even weeks and they'll just suffer in your tanks if you don't have any for them in the first place!

Thanks Techen, in this instance I arrived to find he had drained the tank and had the fish in a tiny bit of water in an ice-cream container!  I had not been very well and bought for all the wrong reasons, but as I say lesson learnt.  Recently a Marine aquarium was for sale, with fish too big for the tank, I wanted to get it to "save the eel" but knew that was the wrong reason and hoped when it was sold they went to a good home with a larger tank i.e. I resisted.  In terms of the fish "rescued" originally, the huge (not hug) catfish got a good home and the black Kuhli now lives with other Black Kuhli's in a 215L.  How they survived the conditions they were in I will never know.  So all is good :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back