Juwel Record 70

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one. This is exactly what I was after as Ive just got a REkord 70 and was wondering about how to increase the wattage/litre for plant growth!

Thanks

i know this is an old thread but i have just done this to my rekord 120 and it works a treat!!!! kudos to big c

If your looking for even more power - do the same thing but with a compact floresent, High out put tube

we are looking at these for our marine 'conversion' and the 21" tube has an output of 55W if i remember correctly :)

im going to be doing this to my tank, can someone whos done this ideally to a juwel rekord tank, could you get some pics of inside the lid showing exactly where you have put the bolts etc

lee8040 said:
im going to be doing this to my tank, can someone whos done this ideally to a juwel rekord tank, could you get some pics of inside the lid showing exactly where you have put the bolts etc
[snapback]899438[/snapback]​

anyone?

you can see it in pic 4 and 5 of this thread lee. the extra tube is attached to reflectors. the reflectors are drilled as is the lid then the bolts pushed through there.

not sure what else your after?

Hi Lee,
You will probably no be able to get the correct length of bolt, but as I said in my original post, you will have to cut them to length with a junior hacksaw.
regards
BigC

i have used exactly the same products as big c has used, thing is instead of bolting it i have glued it to the lid using bostik super glue. i have noticed it has started to melt the lid. whys that obviously ive done no different to bigc?

lee8040 said:
i have used exactly the same products as big c has used, thing is instead of bolting it i have glued it to the lid using bostik super glue. i have noticed it has started to melt the lid. whys that obviously ive done no different to bigc?
[snapback]907514[/snapback]​

anyone no why?

There must be chemical compound in the glue that reacts with that type of plastic, is all I can think of Lee. The same way as polystyrene cement (the type of glue used to stick models together with) burns/melts polystyrene.

Does anyone know where you can find Juwel Reflectors in Canada?, or reflectors of any sort?? I tried one of our biggest aquatic suppliers Big Als...and they didn't have any...and i havent seen any around, but i would love to conjure up one of these for my tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back