Juwel 3D Backgrounds

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
i got the juwel lime stone background today, kinda wish id got the darker granite one instead

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but have a quick question about the 3D backgrounds. I'm new to all this and am picking up my first tank at the end of the week (110L). I'm really liking the look of the Juwel 3D backgrounds, thus maybe a silly question, but how do they attach? Is it glued?

Thanks!

You just use a tiny (I used a sort of baked bean size) blob of aquarium safe silicon on each corner; I guess you could use superglue or milliput (two part putty) as those are also tank safe. Your LFS will have one of the three.

Hadn't realised this thread of mine was still going LOL

Yes, they attach very easily with a few blobs of aquarium silicone - if you need to cut any to size you'll notice that the stuff inside is quite messy (black) and will need a thorough wash after cutting. I smeared some silicone over that raw edge to seal it and made sure I positioned it with that edge at the topmost of the tank (in my tank it is just above water level).

Oh...and I ended up with the Juwel tree root and rocks background. They don't look much in the box but once you put them in the tank and fill with water... WOW! They develop such depth. Here's a couple pics of the background in my tank, for anyone interested:

mixedsubstrateaquarium.jpg

newaquarium1.jpg

Hope yours turns out great, whichever design you choose.

Athena

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back