Juvenile guppies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppiezgirl

Reaction score
I just got some guppies in off Ebay and I'm in a rather foul mood. i paid 51.00 for 6 fish including shipping. The ad said these were juveniles. Shouldn't juvenile guppies have SOME color and be old enough to be sexed? I've only been breeding for a couple of months but these fish are NOT juvies. They are FRY!!!

They should of had a picture of the fish on Ebay. But hey, at least you get to watch them grow and color up, that's the fun part after all ;) How big are they now? Can we have pictures??

With guppies sold on ebay, you generally only get a picture of the father? sire? fishy daddy? Watching them grow and all is fun, but I'm a breeder myself and time (and quality) are money. The ad for the fish said "young juveniles" so I wasn't expecting fish completely full of color and ready to breed. What I was expecting however, were fish that were old enough to ascertain the sex of them without a magnifying glass. My 6 week old juvies look like this and can easily be sexed (fish in the middle with black tail. The fish this guy sent to me are pictured second. I have 4 week old fry bigger than most of the fish he sent. As he's not responding to my question about the age of the fish he sent me on ebay, he's about to get a scathing review.

Attachments

• 20161216_134132.jpg
    20161216_134132.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156
  • 20161216_134056.jpg
    20161216_134056.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
so I wasn't expecting fish completely full of color and ready to breed

And any females in the bunch most likely being pregnant if there are males around got to love guppies.

As he's not responding to my question about the age of the fish he sent me on ebay, he's about to get a scathing review.
I agree, explain what you ordered and what you got and why you are not happy,

His description was "young juveniles." My interpretation of "juvenile" is that they at least be old enough to be sexed. I asked him how old the fish were and he replied finally that they were 8 weeks. I have 4 week old guppies the size of the fish he sent me. They are not juvies. They are FRY! I mean nice yet dude, but if you're selling to other breeders, they're gonna call you out on stuff like that. It's just not smart business. His packaging was also a joke. He double bagged them. The bag they were in was a clear bag like fish are typically shipped in. The second bag was a trash bag. Oh the irony.

Most reactions

Back