Just Ordered A Cool New Led Light Fixture................

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ruskull

Bitter & Clinging...
Reaction score
Just ordered a cool new LED light fixture................it was an impulse buy that I made last night when I was a bit hammered but I'm still happy with it today!

The fixture is made by the well respected company Current USA, who's well known for their T5 aquarium fixtures.  This is a new LED fixture though that's very low profile & includes a remote control to adjust the lighting effects.  It even has moon lighting modes and cloud cover modes which include lightning strikes! It has white, blue, orange, etc. LED's that can be adjusted to get the best color combination for your particular setup.  I ordered it from Big Al's Online store for just over $91 with free shipping and no tax.  I seriously can't wait to get this baby hooked up to my 36 gallon bowfront tank.

Info can be found here:

http://www.bigalspet...m-24-to-36.html

Does anyone have any experience with these?  I'll def. post up my experience when I've hooked it up.

73689.jpg

73689-b.jpg

73689-d.jpg

Fancy pants! I looked at these online, but I don't have one myself. They look neat. You'll have to make a video with all the functions. I wonder how well it does for plants?

Yeah, that's what I was a bit worried about.  However due to the small size I can probably fit 2 of them if necessary.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  They also have a less expensive model with a single row of LEDs for like $60.  I would only try that version in a cichlid tank or a tank that had low light plants.

It's only like 2 inches from front to back so putting 2 or even 3 of them should be no problem.  I'll make a custom acrylic lid at work so the tank can get the most light without fear of fish "jumping ship" and too much water evaporation.  I haven't been this excited about aquarium equipment in a long time!

73689-a.jpg

I have the other fixture, and i must say, my plants are doing amazing! i do want the newer one though :)

Thanks for that Malex530, I'm a bit worried that the LED's might not provide enough light for the plants in that particular tank.  Now I feel better since you have the single LED row version and your plants are doing well.

What type of plants do you have in that tank?

Cool I would of bought one if I still had tanks. Had to make do with a  LED airstone.
 Love LED lighting it so better than tube lighting.

Cool tank also. Crystal clear.
coolx.gif

good.gif

I'm jealous that looks so cool i think the gf would kill me tho spent a fortune on tank recently lol 

I checked the tracking number and it should be here Friday so I'll post my conclusions, pictures, and maybe some video if I can.

Okay, here's the LED fixture on my 36 gallon tank with my wife's sleep machine sound fx in the background:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIrJGoVff2E&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Here's a better video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQGi15RNOeI&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Beautiful tank.
good.gif

Are you pleased with the Led lighting.?

We also bought a used Aqueon LED light fixture for my son's 55 gallon, you'll see it next to our 20 gallon high that still has T5's on it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzZAfZK73yk[/media]

WILDER said:
Beautiful tank.
good.gif

Are you pleased with the Led lighting.?

Well it's not quite as bright as I thought it would be but the fish seem to love it.  Let's hope the plants love it too...............
Thanks for the compliment on the tank :)

Other tank beautiful as well. I can see why you win competitions. Well Done.

The lighting effects are awesome though, you can dim, chnage to whatever shade, add cloud cover, etc.

WILDER said:
Other tank beautiful as well. I can see why you win competitions. Well Done.

Thanks again!  My son's 55 is his pride and joy................next to his video games of course.

The lighting effects are awesome though, you can dim, chnage to whatever shade, add cloud cover, etc

Cool.
Makes me want to start the hobby again.
Nice to see a healthy and happy tank of fish.

Most reactions

Back