Just Enough To Make Me Dangerous

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Asidhunter

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im a long time reptile keeper who has decided to branch out into aquatics. Yet to set up my first tank as i have been reading up as much as i can before i jump in. I will no doubt pick everyones brains soon as my plan is to create a 190L planted tropical aquarium and hopefully make a step by step post on it here
smile.png

Anyway thats pretty much me, after owning a tegu how hard can fish really be
wink.png

Asidhunter

Asidhunter said:
Hi everyone,

Im a long time reptile keeper who has decided to branch out into aquatics. Yet to set up my first tank as i have been reading up as much as i can before i jump in. I will no doubt pick everyones brains soon as my plan is to create a 190L planted tropical aquarium and hopefully make a step by step post on it here
smile.png

Anyway thats pretty much me, after owning a tegu how hard can fish really be
wink.png

Asidhunter
Welcome
smile.png

Best place to go for concise and relevant info on starting out is the beginners resource centre, linked in my sig.

Ooh look forward to this :D

Do you still have your Tegu?

Have fun thinking through your tank plans, take your time and it will be all the more worthwhile when you get the tank where you want it :D

Most of all ENJOY! :)

Welcome to the forum, and well done on choosing a such a nice sized tank, and for doing your research first :)

Unfortunatly i dont have him anymore shelster, i recently moved into a smaller flat due to university and there was never going to be enough room for him and his 8ft long enclosure
no.gif
. Hopefully i will get something arborial as i have pretty high ceilings now
yes.gif

Oh this isnt my first tank, just my first new tank. I was cycling second hand juwel but didnt notice a crack hidden by the plastic edging, came home to a very wet living room and broken tank.

I enjoy the research almost as much as the pets
laugh.png
no point having the reptile,fish, dog ect if you dont know how to look after it properly

Nightmare about the crack!!!!

Wow something arboreal - a sloth? :D

Have you any fish ideas? Or just going with the flow? Any favs from previous set ups?

nah no sloths im slow moving enough lol. more than likely a pair of chinese water dragons always like those lizards.

Not to sure on what fish yet, iv had a few ideas but i keep changing my mind, iv even been looking at cichlids and oddballs so its all very much in the air right now.

Also i just entered the tank dimentions at the one i wanted to get into the calculator and it comes out at 279L, the store lable says it is 190L / 42G (UK) so now im very confused
sad2.gif

Dimentions in CM are:

101 long, 46 wide and 60 high

Edit:

Manufacturers site also lists 190L so i might be using the calculator incorrectly lol

Welcome. Cichlids come in two main varieties - South American (fairly peaceful and nicely colored) or African (far more aggressive but some of the best colored fish of the freshwater trade.

Asidhunter said:
nah no sloths im slow moving enough lol. more than likely a pair of chinese water dragons always like those lizards.

Not to sure on what fish yet, iv had a few ideas but i keep changing my mind, iv even been looking at cichlids and oddballs so its all very much in the air right now.

Also i just entered the tank dimentions at the one i wanted to get into the calculator and it comes out at 279L, the store lable says it is 190L / 42G (UK) so now im very confused ???? .

Dimentions in CM are:

101 long, 46 wide and 60 high

Edit:

Manufacturers site also lists 190L so i might be using the calculator incorrectly lol
Possibly you didn't change the units to cm? They default to inches.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back