Just An Axie Update :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tongue_Flicker

Fish Herder
Reaction score
It has almost been 4 months since i got my first axie and man, i am just glad that she survived our harsh summer season. Rainy/Hailstone season is fast approaching and hopefully she'll do better during this cooler season.

This was taken 2 weeks after his purchase. In my defense, that was a friend's half-dead betta that jumped off his tank. (My betta is blue and still kicking! Lol)

10313996_638925956199848_4369667504661960627_n.jpg

2 days after his hearty entrée (So fun to know that he can do well with a once a week feeding :D)

10376264_638926706199773_5198619821622420109_n.jpg

Sensing his early dinner!

10418257_638930389532738_4292725310792288081_n.jpg

Smell it, smell it..

10339632_638930402866070_5905673093765930167_n.jpg

Ooh it converts to a comfy bed as well :p

10300874_638930326199411_4949190740944651126_n.jpg

Enjoy the heat guys! ^__^

Awe!! :D  He's a cutie! :)  What is that you're feeding him?  

A live culture of tubifex worms. My firebellied newts and turtle love it also :D

I believe those worms are a no no to feed in some states due to it being wild-caught harvested and may have absorbed some pollutants. Here they are perfectly fine to feed. Quite fattening though :D

LOL! Too stinkin' cute. I was expecting the next shot to be his mouth full of food. Nope, it's a bed! :wub:

I love him! I want an axie so bad. :D
At least the betta died quickly, hope he didn't infect the axie though.

Ninjouzata said:
LOL! Too stinkin' cute. I was expecting the next shot to be his mouth full of food. Nope, it's a bed! :wub:
It was quick but he did take a bite. The worms are unique also, they quickly tucked into a ball that's why they all got taken out upon the suction action :D

TallTree01 said:
I love him! I want an axie so bad. :D
At least the betta died quickly, hope he didn't infect the axie though.
That fish could barely swim when we returned it to the water. It was a 4 feet drop when it jumped. It was perfectly healthy before the incident. My friend didn't want it thrown out so he offered to feed it off.

They only allow the morphed axies in Australia, right?

Whered you get this little fella? I have been obsessed with axolotls but idk where to get one 
sad2.gif

sad2.gif

RyanTheFishGuy64 said:
Whered you get this little fella? I have been obsessed with axolotls but idk where to get one 
sad2.gif

sad2.gif
I would think you should be able to find some breeders on caudata.org

RyanTheFishGuy64 said:
Whered you get this little fella? I have been obsessed with axolotls but idk where to get one ???? ????

Ninjouzata said:
Whered you get this little fella? I have been obsessed with axolotls but idk where to get one ???? ????
I would think you should be able to find some breeders on caudata.org
This thread feels so ancient to me now lol..

I don't live anywhere near the U.S. so axies are quite commonly sold here. Getting cheaper every year too.

Do you think i could put one of these guys in my my tank? Haha, im always looking for cool oddballs, or do they need a pretty short tank for atmospheric air? I dont know much about axies if im honest lol are they aggressive to normal tank mates? Id love to buy a gold axie, i saw one before but it was 35$ for a 4 incher o_O

sawickib said:
Do you think i could put one of these guys in my my tank? Haha, im always looking for cool oddballs, or do they need a pretty short tank for atmospheric air? I dont know much about axies if im honest lol are they aggressive to normal tank mates? Id love to buy a gold axie, i saw one before but it was 35$ for a 4 incher o_O
Axies should be AT LEAST 1 for every 10 gallons. They will eat any fish that fits in their mouth (or they will make it fit) I suggest an axie only tank....Oh and fish can sometimes cause disease to an axie :(

I just did some research and realized they wont work, they need cold water and anything under 6in will try to take bites out of everything no matter the size...

So im going to buy 2 and separate them until they are 6in and then buy a 6in later, so then there will be 3 6in+ axies in a 20 gallon, yay :)

Gorgeous axolotl! I have 6 adults and currently rearing my first golden albino, waiting for it to grow big enough for the main tank. How big is your axolotl? Looks like he could start on earthworms now, just as good as tubifex but probs easier to keep him well feed imo :) 

sawickib said:
I just did some research and realized they wont work, they need cold water and anything under 6in will try to take bites out of everything no matter the size...

So im going to buy 2 and separate them until they are 6in and then buy a 6in later, so then there will be 3 6in+ axies in a 20 gallon, yay
smile.png

They are one of the coolest animals on the planet! But yeah, especially when young they will nip anything that moves near them. Even as adults they occasionally nip one another but i've never had an injury. They tend to ignore one another after 6" but it depends on the individual. A couple of mine love to pile on each other (in my eyes they're cuddling xD)

Most reactions

Back