CompEntry-1.jpg

DSC00166_zps2c5a05ae.jpg

IMG_4773_zps0040cd3c.jpg

img0573jx.jpg

IMG_3223_zpsd504272c.jpg

896aa3ec0455233cd8afe3270c87231e_zps7259b56e.jpg

A few questions eagles,
Pic no. 8 is....?
Are we voting on the shrimp or the brisltensoe in pic no. 5?
I can't even see a fish in no. 2... What kind is it?
Very tough comp this month. I've had to do an elimination round lol.

Very tight between 9,8,5,3 and 1,
But the sheer quality of the fish in 1 I think has put me over the edge.

Excellent pictures this month!

Couldn't decide but my son liked the bristlenose so 5 it is!  :lol:

I disagree.  The tiger barbs are healthy specimens with good colour in an interesting arrangement and the photo is sharp and good quality.  The glass is clean, the water quality is clear, the lighting and exposure are good and the background is attractive.  These are important factors if you're going to enter a photograph into a competition and a lot of people seem to disregard these details. 

I know that some people prefer to vote for the fish and not the photo but it's no good entering an unusual fish if it is not looking its best or the picture is blurry with mucky water!

MOD EDIT - quote content removed.

Thanks for the Crit
biggrin.png

Considering it was taken with a Mobile phone on full zoom , I think the picture came out Ok.
Oh and.....   Ive not seen Schwartzi's in any of my LFS for a long time....

No, I think it was my fish that are apparently too common to be entered in a competition. Sorry, hadn't realised there were rules about rarity of the fish, my mistake.

Shame, I'm really proud of my tigers, and thought that photo was a worthy entry.

Shaddex - you haven't deleted your photo have you, only it's not showing up on my screen anymore? :(

JenJ said:
Shaddex - you haven't deleted your photo have you, only it's not showing up on my screen anymore?
sad.png

Nope, still shows for me.    Oh and I like Tigers :D

JenJ. I hope my tigers grow to look as good as yours.. great quality and awesome pic!

Doesn't matter which one they were talking about.  The comment was on the verge of being rude.  They have made one in the TOM thread as well.   I think that both entries were great entries and well deserved being in the competition.

Wow, and I have stirred the pudding before, but never a direct attack on a single entry.
As to very common, cories sure, I love em. Does everyone have them? No. Schwartzi's...No! Have you see any in my neck of the woods.
As for twerps, yep everyday.

I ain't ashamed, to admit I got excited seeing the cory, but also excited by the tigers.

MOD EDIT - quoted content removed 

Shcwartzis ( spelling? ) aren't common! Ive only seen a couple in real life and they were in poor health. Now Shaddex has provide us with a perfectly healthy specimen, I think that's worthy of some votes don't you think? Besides, cories rock!
yes.gif

I had a really hard time deciding! The beauty of each and every picture and each specimen....oh oh....must....suppress......MTS...... lol

Love cories, they are sooooooo cute, and I love tiger barbs, such beauty! 
wub.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back