Jude & Co.

HeyJude

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm relatively new to fish keeping, and I always love showing off my bettas, but I was also wondering if the more experienced users on here could tell me what colour/pattern types my boys are.

Jude.JPG

My first betta, Jude, is a pretty common type as far as I know, but he's still a special boy. (This picture is a bit old, and that black spot on his tail has since filled in with colour.)
Lincoln.JPG

Unfortunately Lincoln had a bit of a run-in with fin rot and clamped fins. This picture was taken before his ordeal. He's still rather ratty looking now, but is recovering and back to his happy, spazzy self.
Rango.JPG

Rango is the one I'm most curious about. Apparently he's a dragon scale. Is this true? It sure would go with his regal attitude.
Nile.JPG

Nile is my most recent fishy friend. He also had some fin rot problems, but is doing better now. The aquarium lights make him look rather turquoise, but when viewed from above, he is very olive green.

So, any thoughts?

While im not a betta expert im sure Nick on here would know.I would say the one with the small back tail is a plakat or crowntail but thats the only one I know for sure.

Welcome, your bettas are absolutely gorgeous!
Link and link are the two guides that I usually use to judge.
Jude looks like a multicoloured veiltail.
Lincoln looks like a delta tail, but he could be a super delta or a halfmoon. Super deltas' tails spread out to 120-160 degrees, halfmoons' tails spread to a perfect 180 degrees. (or a little over) I'd say he's a red betta with a turquoise pineapple pattern, but might just be classified as red officially.
Rango's tail looks a little smaller than Lincoln's, I'd guess he's a delta or super delta. I'm not 100% sure if he's a dragonscale, a more experienced person would probably be able to tell. He'd classify as a multicolour, but he looks a little like a butterfly. In a show, they wouldn't count him as butterfly, only multicolour, but feel free to use whichever label.
Nile is in the same boat as Lincoln, he looks like either a super delta or a halfmoon. He's also multicoloured. I love his lipstick c:

Most reactions

trending

Back