Jewel filter problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phillip rooney

Reaction score
Hi all, I seem to have a problem which I am sure you guys have the answer.
My corner filter which up until recently was working perfect has had and is having a dickie fit.
It has a gurgle then rejects about half a litre of water from the tank.
I have now bought a new filter system but it's no where near as good at keeping the tank in tip top condition. Any suggestions would be grateful.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Have you cleaned the old filter?
Turn it off at the power point. Take it apart. Wash the filter materials out in a bucket of tank water and then put them in the tank. Clean the impellor assembly (grey magnet with 3 or 4 plastic blades on one end). Reassemble the impellor assembly and try running the pump (with the filter media in). If the pump pushes out lots of water then put the filter media back in it and get it going.

If the pump is not able to pump much water, check the impellor. Hold the grey magnet and gently try to turn the plastic blades. They should turn about 1/2 to 3/4 and then stop. If you can turn the blades and they go around and round and round without stopping, the impellor is broken and needs replacing.

If you have any more problems with it, either post some pictures of it here or take it to the local pet shop and ask them to check it. If you take it to a pet shop, leave the filter media in the tank so it doesn't die off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back