Jerk Face One And Two...neon Tetras In A Semi Aggressive Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LunaBug

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So I recently began stocking my 36gallon bowfront and decided to go with a semi-aggressive theme. I added a pair of angels and a pair of bolivian rams to start with and everything was going great. I noticed my white cloud minnows were outgrowing their home in with my betta so I moved them over to the larger tank a well. Still no problems as far as aggression goes. My last planned addition was a group of three panda garras. They were all getting along great up until I had to add jerk face one and jerk face two the neon tetra pair from satan himself. My community tank was having problems with these two bullying everything including the Pleco. I figured that they would settle down (or learn their place) if I added them in with the Semi Aggressives for a bit, especially since neons are an angels natural prey. Apparently I was wrong in that thinking. The first thing that happened was the neons scared the rams into hiding and proceeded to peck at one of the panda garras relentlessly. The white clouds finally stepped in and got them under some version of control. Sadly the little panda garra didn't make it and was removed DOA this morning. The neons don't seem to be bothering anyone else now.

Has anyone else had a situation where a supposedly calm mild mannered fish or two went psychotic?

The only psychotic fish have been ones that you would expect that behaviour from, such as jewel cichlids and Chinese Algae Eaters.

I am guessing that your two neon tetras from hell, actually played up like you would expect tiger barbs too, because it was only the two of them. Did you try having the neons tetras with more of their own kind? Or was it always just the two of them facing the world?

They actually were in a group of 6 in the community tank with a school of 5 harlequin Rasboras. These two in particular had the BN Ancistris Pleco refusing to come out from beind the filter and the other fish would be huddled in a corner away from them. My mom was all for flushing them but I had to try and save their lives...now I'm stuck with two crazed tetras.

Most reactions

trending

Back