Jebao And All Pond Solutions External Filters

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

carrera

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, 

Haven't posted in a while, but just getting back into the hobby a bit. Upgrading my tank size and going for a new external filter. I'm on a bit of a budget and I'm looking at two filters that are on allpondsolutions.co.uk. I've dealt with this company before and used their internal filters and heaters and found them really good for the money and so was planning on getting the All Pond Solutions 1000LPH External Filter. However, for the same price and an extra 200LPH is the Jebao 403. This is a manufacturer I've never encountered before and wondered if anyone has any insight on their gear? Or even anyone who owns an All Pond Solutions external filter that wants to vouch for them? :)

Cheers

You get what you pay for is my saying!Cheaper canisters are well... Cheap. I've heard APS canisters are prone to seal leaks so you just need to be careful, other than that am sure there decent.

I bought a eheim canister for around 50 quid on ebay.

I am running 12 aps filters, 10off 2000 ef and 3 1400 ef. I bought my first aps filter 5 years ago when APS was still being run from the MD's kitchen and I am still using the first filter I bought, ok so it has had a new seal this year after 5 years use. I went with APS filters on the basis they were cheap and I could buy 2 for the same price of a named brand filter, with the intention of keeping one as a back up just in case - which I have still in the box covered in dust as I have never had to use it. The one occasion I did have a problem with a filter (when I actually used my spare) the customer services was excellent and within 24 hours of an e-mail explaining the problem a new head arrived on my doorstep.

You are right to ask for advice from someone that actually uses them, rather than the hearsay of someone that has heard something bad about one owned by someone else.

star4 said:
I am running 12 aps filters, 10off 2000 ef and 3 1400 ef. I bought my first aps filter 5 years ago when APS was still being run from the MD's kitchen and I am still using the first filter I bought, ok so it has had a new seal this year after 5 years use. I went with APS filters on the basis they were cheap and I could buy 2 for the same price of a named brand filter, with the intention of keeping one as a back up just in case - which I have still in the box covered in dust as I have never had to use it. The one occasion I did have a problem with a filter (when I actually used my spare) the customer services was excellent and within 24 hours of an e-mail explaining the problem a new head arrived on my doorstep.

You are right to ask for advice from someone that actually uses them, rather than the hearsay of someone that has heard something bad about one owned by someone else.
Cheers for that. Was looking at the 1000EF but considering the 1400 as it's only a tenner more right now. It's also twice the wattage though, so I'm not sure it's worth it (would be overkill for a 180 litre).

No, go for the 1400 on a 180, that is what I have on my 180's :)

Indeed. One thing about the APS filters is that the flow rate quoted is somewhat generous. I have a 2000 on a 20 gallon and it's not overkill on there. They are a bit beastly on power consumption and they're huge. Plenty of media space though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back