Jbl Ferrotabs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gt568

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
They were giving out free samples of JBL ferrotabs at a garden centre I visited today, does anybody have any experience of these? Should they be pushed into the substrate or crushed and poured into the water ect?

I think you add them to new water when you perform a water change.

The instructions read - For the absorption of nutrients through the leaves, 30 tablets for 750 litres.

http://www.jbl.de/uk/aqua/uk_20200.html

I'd interpret this by adding one tablet for every 25 litres of new water added. Very similar to the Dennerle E15 tablets I used to use.

You could add them directly to the substrate but unless you have Swords or Crypts then I wouldn't bother.

Hope this helps mate.

I think you add them to new water when you perform a water change.

The instructions read - For the absorption of nutrients through the leaves, 30 tablets for 750 litres.

http://www.jbl.de/uk/aqua/uk_20200.html

I'd interpret this by adding one tablet for every 25 litres of new water added. Very similar to the Dennerle E15 tablets I used to use.

You could add them directly to the substrate but unless you have Swords or Crypts then I wouldn't bother.

Hope this helps mate.

Well thats what I thought, I think I borrowed some of those tabs off you actually a while back. However I'm sure I read somewhere on here that they went into the substrate, maybe I imagined it. Should I just crush them up in a pestle and mortar next time I do a water change then?

Should I just crush them up in a pestle and mortar next time I do a water change then?
That's what I'd do.

Are you sure you need the extra iron though? Your CSM+B dosing should provide enough - or are you seeing deficiencies? Or do you just want to see if you get extra growth?

i use them but only under swords in whole tablet form. they are rather insoluble and adding a crushed tablet to your water will result in floaty bits for a week and a massive iron reading (from experience)

the instructions are awefull and i dont really know what you are supposed to do with them. swords seem to like them though.

they are rather insoluble and adding a crushed tablet to your water will result in floaty bits for a week and a massive iron reading (from experience)
On second thoughts then.....

I assumed they'd be similar to the Dennerle E15 tablets, these dissolved really well (less than 12 hours) if crushed up into a fine powder using a pestle and mortar.

Hey guys, Any update if these tabs are used by some one, how are the results?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back