Itchy Tiger Barb

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gatornsass06

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question about an albino tiger barb.  I recently (about 3 weeks ago) transferred my fish from a 29g to a 55 gallon (this was not completly new water, I transferred quite a bit of the water from the existing, healthy tank).  About a week ago, I added a few new fish.  The original 4 were the tiger barb (older fish, approx 6 yrs), Roseline Shark, Albino Cory Catfish, and Pleco.  I added 2 Angels, a Blue Gourami, and a Paradise fish (the gourami and paradise fish seemed to be friends so I purchased them together).  The tiger barb has been the only one for several years, and has "buddied" up with the roseline and they have been doing quite nicely.  However, the last few days, the tiger barb has been acting very odd.  His fins seem to be a bit tore up, and he's itching on every rocky surface I've got in the tank.  There are no visible spots or fungus or anything.  All the other fish are acting normal and looking great.  Water levels are all good (I checked a few days ago, but I can't remember offhand...will check again and post if necessary).  I've never dealt with this before, so I'm looking for some advice.  Thank you in advance!

Most reactions

trending

Back