Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Issues with cycling

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Jwgoff7772, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Jwgoff7772

Jwgoff7772 New Member

• [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cycle your Tank
    1. Jwgoff7772 , The April Tank of the Month Contest is starting now!

Deadline for entries is April 16th, click here for details.

Dismiss Notice
    Issues with cycling
    Tags: Add Tags
    Unwatch Thread
    1. [​IMG]
      Jwgoff7772New Member
      •Day 22 of fish in cycle

•40G breeder with 1 pearl gourami and 9 corydoras. The gourami is half grown, 2 of the cories are full grown, the other 6 are 1 inch long.

•Filtration and surface area: Aqua clear 50 with pre filter sponge, regular sponge at bottom and bio media for the rest. Carib Sea sand substrate. Lots of surface area with decor. 3 medium size rocks and medium size mopani wood.

•Parameters
      Yesterday 04/12
      Ammonia: 0
      Nitrites: .50
      Nitrates: 10ppm
      Ph: 7
      Kh: 1-2
      Gh: 6

Today 04/13
      Ammonia: .25-.50
      Nitrite: 0
      Nitrates: 10ppm
      Ph: 7
      Kh: 1-2
      Gh:6

•Chemicals used: Prime everyday at 2x dose and used stability the first 10days.
      •Only have done 10% water changes every 2 days to try and reduce stress. Only vac the surface when I see build up of fish waste. My cories pick extra food but feedings have been minimal. Every other day and when I feed its small amounts at a time
      • my tank went through the normal cycle phase of a buildup of ammonia up to 1ppm, then I saw a drop in ammonia in a rise and nitrite which got up to .50 PPM and then saw a rise in nitrates but if you see my parameters up top there was a strange shift almost as if I went backwards but still showing nitrates. Any idea what I got going on here? Any help is much appreciated

#11 minute ago