Is this stocking correct for a 1.5 gallon tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bettalover12

Reaction score
So i have a 1.5 gallon tank with a heater and filter that a betta used to live in(now he lives in a planted 5.5 gallon tank)
Anyways i decided i want to have brine shrimp in my 1.5 gallon tank. I will use a biolocical filter and be sure to test the water every week. My family and i have a 73 gallon saltwater tank downstairs so i already have the salt for the small brine shrimp tank. I was wondering if i could put a small layer of live sand on the bottom of my 1.5 gallon tank for the brine shrimp? And a small live rock as well? I will feed some of the brine shrimp to the saltwater fish every week. I will also be using a small heater for the brine shrimp tank, does this sound okay? Is there anything i should know about keeping brine shrimp?

I dont think its really feasable to try to actually keep brine shrimp in that way. They are mainly hatched from eggs, and fed within a day or two, not as a self reproducing food source.

I dont think its really feasable to try to actually keep brine shrimp in that way. They are mainly hatched from eggs, and fed within a day or two, not as a self reproducing food source.
Oh ok do you think it would be ok to just have them as "pets"? I just want to start with brine shrimp for now and after half a year(when they are supposed to die) maybe i could get a bigger tank and have cherry shrimp?

You realize that your beta is in too small of a tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back