Is This Fin Rot Or Worms On My Betta?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

andy36yr19

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The only picture I can see anything on is the one with the blue circle around a thin white thing.

It is not finrot.

It could be a juvenile anchor worm but Bettas don't normally get these. I would monitor the fish over the next few weeks and see what it turns into.

------------------------
If you set your camera's resolution to its lowest setting (around 2MB), the images will be smaller and should fit on here.

And if you turn your phone on its side (so it is horizontal), the images will fill up the entire screen instead of just the middle section.

The only picture I can see anything on is the one with the blue circle around a thin white thing.

It is not finrot.

It could be a juvenile anchor worm but Bettas don't normally get these. I would monitor the fish over the next few weeks and see what it turns into.

------------------------
If you set your camera's resolution to its lowest setting (around 2MB), the images will be smaller and should fit on here.

And if you turn your phone on its side (so it is horizontal), the images will fill up the entire screen instead of just the middle section.
Ok thanks I'll put him in a hospital 3.5g tank

There's no need to move him into another tank, especially if the one he is currently in has an established filter. Just leave him in his current tank and monitor him.

There's no need to move him into another tank, especially if the one he is currently in has an established filter. Just leave him in his current tank and monitor him.
Are you sure? He is in a community with guppies, neons, shrimp, and a pleco. Cant the worm spread to them?

If it's an anchor worm it needs to develop, which will take a week or two. If it develops a Y shape then it is anchor worm and will need to be removed. If it doesn't develop into the Y shape then it's not anchor worm and is not going to spread.

If it's an anchor worm it needs to develop, which will take a week or two. If it develops a Y shape then it is anchor worm and will need to be removed. If it doesn't develop into the Y shape then it's not anchor worm and is not going to spread.
Ok thanks

Yeah moving the fish will just bring on another layer of stress.. and could escalate the problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back