Is This Filter Too Powerful?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon I just set up. Lots of plants, including an amazon sword I got that was 2 feet tall.... I got so many plants at aquatic experience today. Either way I want to get new filter for the tank. I have a fluval 406 on a 45 gallon and it's an amazing filter. I either want to get a fluval 206 or a fluval 306 for this 29 gallon. I always get more filter capacity than needed. Would you guys say the 306 is too powerful for my 29 gallon? It has a lot of plants and I don't want it to tear up the water. Thanks

Nope, should be fine. I had a 306 on a 20 long. Just point the output higher in the water column if necessary.

It depends on the type of fish you have.

It depends on the type of fish you have.
True. I have a pair of bolivian rams right now, I will probably switch that up though. I'm thinking maybe boesemanis, dwarf neons, neon tetras, green neon tetras, german blue rams, gold rams, idk. So many fish to choose from now that this tank is bigger. I'll be putting probably 1 or 2 species. If I do 2 it will be like the pair of rams and then a schooling fish. Could I do a single angelfish and some cardinals or neons?

Could I do a single angelfish and some cardinals or neons?
Cardinal tetras will be eaten, serpae tetras fin-nippers, and black skirt tetras will be attacked, Angels are cichlids and will prob eat any fish that fits in its mouth.

Good tank mates
Plecos, catfish ( Corys ), loaches ( khuli loaches, dwarf loaches, , and zebra loaches. )

I've seen so many people with neon and cardinal tetras and angelfish together. It's one of the biggest combinations of fish I see. I think there's so much debate over it.. some people have luck and some don't. I'll do some research but more than likely I'll ju st stick with rams.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back