Is there anything that eats fish droppings?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Some snails, crabs and shrimp will eat it though there's a lot of conflicting information on what ones do and don't.

I have a careoon armoured shrimp. he eats it, i've seen him do it :sick:

I've heard ghost shrimp also will eat fish waste, so I've added a few to my tank. The substrate is black sand and waste isn't as easy to find as it was just a few weeks ago without any substrate at all.

Someone is sure to be offended. But, with a bare bottom tank, it was obvious that ADFs will eat just about anything they find on the bottom. I think it's because they rely more on scent to locate food than their poor eyesight.

Hi Levine :)

The bottom line is that you have to vacuum your substrate and do regular water changes if you want to have happy and healthy fish. :nod:

There is just no escaping it. :rolleyes:

I've never heard of anything that eats it.

And as someone said, if something eats poop it will poop. So it wont make a diffrence.

Just curious is all...if you have ten fish..and you have one creature thats eats their droppings...one animal craps a lot less than 10.

i got ghost shrimps and i've seen them nibble on fish crap...and i've never seen ghost shrimp crap before...so :/ :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back