is there a way to make tank water look blue

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There are dyes that can be used (the betta suplier for my lfs uses some) but it would be far safer to just tint your glass blue.

By the way why would you want to?

Opcn

guppygirly said:
uh...they have blue lights for aquariums. :rolleyes:
thats prob a better option for the fish

and why, cos it will look cool

i think you can use a diatom to "polish" your water

If you really want it to look blue, get some Actinic 03s. They're a type of fluorescent light that create a dark blue color.

I'm not the first one to ask, but why do you want your tank blue?

Landlocked said:
If you really want it to look blue, get some Actinic 03s. They're a type of fluorescent light that create a dark blue color.

I'm not the first one to ask, but why do you want your tank blue?
cos it will look cool!

tropical water is blue

sorry it dosnt look cool....in fact it gave me a god damn headache

i had a marine blue one for my 2ft when i had it... i put the marine blue light in and after half an hr i got such a headache it had to come out... its harsh on the eyes belive me :crazy:

MY AWESOME I DEA TO SAVE MONEY WAS TO BUY A PAPER BLUE POSTERBOARD SO I DIDNT HAVE TO GET A 10 BUCK BACKGROUND,BUT IN LIEU OF THAT IT ALSO MADE MY TANK LOOK BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghostknifedp said:
MY AWESOME I DEA TO SAVE MONEY WAS TO BUY A PAPER BLUE POSTERBOARD SO I DIDNT HAVE TO GET A 10 BUCK BACKGROUND,BUT IN LIEU OF THAT IT ALSO MADE MY TANK LOOK BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah i thought about that

but the tank will be in middle of room, so i would only be able to see it from one side. I dont want that

And to the other bloke, why the hell were u looking at your tank for a straight hour and a half

course it will give u haead ache, get out more man

Loboto-Me said:
tropical water is clear.. not blue.

Your best bet would be the light that was mentioned.
well it always looks blue

prob cos of the sky

Listen to Land locked.
In fact, what is truly cool is you (I assume you have FW) use one bulb from Home depot for "Aquarium and Plants" Its a nice clear bright light that fits in your standard hood NOFL (Normal Output FL). Then get a fixture and light that will run the blue 03
Put them on separate timers
have the blue come on before and after the "aquarium" bulb. It simulates sunset and rise and looks great.
When you get the timers spend the extra 1 dollar to have each hour settable, and make sure it has the 3prong set for power.

If you find you are getting too much algae you can have the lights turn off when you aren’t home.

EVERY tank should have a timer IMO.

Of course a blue background can help as well.

Most reactions

Back