Is there a way I could get all of my females to abort all unborn fry and fertilized eggs?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jimbo_natale4

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Yes I know it sounds gruesome but out of curiosity could you realistically stop females gestation short? My reason I would want to do this would be to start fresh and choose the males she mates with... I'll be trying different things to some of my females out of science. Such as cooler or cold water... less food... no food for a period of time... ( any suggestions for my experiment will be welcome). I do not intend to hurt any of my guppies nor do I want to offend anyone who thinks that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any method would be cruel to the fish I am sure. Severe stress for example will abort fry, but this is very cruel to the female fish. My solution would be to euthanize the fish. Livebearers can deliver many batches of fry without the need for further breeding with males, so this could go on for some time.

absolutely not. anything that would make a fish sick enough to not produce eggs and young would be incredibly inhumane and end up killing the fish anyways. This is why it is not recommended to keep livebearers in mixed sex groups unless you are intentionally breeding or have a predator population to keep them in check.

Any method would be cruel to the fish I am sure. Severe stress for example will abort fry, but this is very cruel to the female fish. My solution would be to euthanize the fish. Livebearers can deliver many batches of fry without the need for further breeding with males, so this could go on for some time.

Thanks for your reply I'll think on it

absolutely not. anything that would make a fish sick enough to not produce eggs and young would be incredibly inhumane and end up killing the fish anyways. This is why it is not recommended to keep livebearers in mixed sex groups unless you are intentionally breeding or have a predator population to keep them in check.

Thanks for your reply I'll think on it

Please do. These fish are simply doing what that are supposed to, eat and breed. If you dont want that you need to change your setup.

Animals are powerless to say where they live and who owns them. It is our duty to not harm the animals whose lives we are now responsible for, and to inflict harm onto a living being bc it is being itself is pure unadultered evil.

They don't have a voice. We do.

Also please rehome any unwanted fish other than killing them for being pregnant as that's the fault of humans and they don't deserve to die for that

Please do. These fish are simply doing what that are supposed to, eat and breed. If you dont want that you need to change your setup.

Animals are powerless to say where they live and who owns them. It is our duty to not harm the animals whose lives we are now responsible for, and to inflict harm onto a living being bc it is being itself is pure unadultered evil.

They don't have a voice. We do.

Also please rehome any unwanted fish other than killing them for being pregnant as that's the fault of humans and they don't deserve to die for that

Thanks for your reply!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back