Is she pregnant?

fishfood!!

Reaction score
Hello, would someone be able to tell me if my female guppy is pregnant? First time keeping lifebearers so they all look the same to me.

She has been extremely aggressive toward the other tank mates and swimming nervously.

I moved her to a home-made breeding bottle and she has calmed down since. Hopefully I made the right move.

eb374352bf2f036f3ac9770a9cf7da05.jpg
94891bd1a09e04d7ecd861d94328f90f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most shop brought guppies are almost guaranteed to be pregnant. feed plenty of food and some live food if possible within the next couple of weeks it should start to look like look like this one IMG_3191 (640x480).jpg

most shop brought guppies are almost guaranteed to be pregnant. feed plenty of food and some live food if possible within the next couple of weeks it should start to look like look like this one View attachment 87341

Thanks for the info.

Is frozen blood worm a good food for a pregnant guppy?

And how can i tell when it is about to give birth? Does a guppy ALWAYS isolate itself from others when it is going into labor?

Looking forward to seeing some baby guppies [emoji51]

Female livebearers try to find floating plants to hide in when they are in labour. The best plants for them is Water Sprite (Ceratopteris species).

Frozen bloodworms is not an ideal food on its own but in conjunction with others foods it is fine.
Use flake food as the basis and add frozen or freeze dried bloodworms, brineshrimp, daphnia, prawn, etc to their diet. Feed a bit of flake, then wait 15minutes or so and then offer a bit of frozen or freeze dried food.
Frozen foods are my preferred choice but should only be used in tanks with an established filter because they can cause the ammonia levels to go up very quickly. If the filters are not well established then use freeze dried food in addition to the flake food.

The female guppy should not be showing any aggression to other fishes. If you have floating plants in the tank she will be less stressed/ nervous and should not be agro to anyone. I would also try to get her out of the bottle and back into the tank.

What fish was she being aggressive too?

Here are some update shots. I was finally able to get a decent pic or two right after i fed the tank and she is busy looking for pellets that sank to the bottom [emoji23]
1f460c29d0cb2344e1e79eeaafec98c7.jpg
9692eabc3b2e5f33c7c9e86075b19034.jpg
0c1f1a457d9e7504340c22aca38ce057.jpg

Female livebearers try to find floating plants to hide in when they are in labour. The best plants for them is Water Sprite (Ceratopteris species).

Frozen bloodworms is not an ideal food on its own but in conjunction with others foods it is fine.
Use flake food as the basis and add frozen or freeze dried bloodworms, brineshrimp, daphnia, prawn, etc to their diet. Feed a bit of flake, then wait 15minutes or so and then offer a bit of frozen or freeze dried food.
Frozen foods are my preferred choice but should only be used in tanks with an established filter because they can cause the ammonia levels to go up very quickly. If the filters are not well established then use freeze dried food in addition to the flake food.

The female guppy should not be showing any aggression to other fishes. If you have floating plants in the tank she will be less stressed/ nervous and should not be agro to anyone. I would also try to get her out of the bottle and back into the tank.

What fish was she being aggressive too?

I think the aggression might be due to new tank mates. I can’t be certain but I am waiting 1 more week to see what happens.

Her gravid spot continues to get bigger but I can’t feed her bloodworms right now as my tank is literally only 2 weeks ago. It is somewhat established as no ammonia reading is showing up. I used Caribsea eco complete which might explain why. Still...I am testing everyday to make sure I change 25% if nitrate goes above 20 ppm.

Sorta juggling a few things at once

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back