Is My Sunburst Platy Pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I'm getting a "Page Not Found" On your link, but a good way to know is if you see the belly swelling up real big. When she's ready to drop, the stomach will looks very boxy more so than rounded. Also, you should be noticing a black spot inside of her near the anal fin. If she is gravid, you're in for some fry.

If she's a platy and female and she's been anywhere near a male everĀ then chances are she is pregnant! Had a look at the link and like with Adam the link didn't work. Without (and even sometimes with) a picture it's difficult to say, butĀ a fat, boxy-looking female platy who is close to giving birth usually has a single white spot in the anal finĀ area as well as the dark gravidĀ area between the body and the tail thatĀ Adam mentioned which represents the eyes of the fry being visible.

Mamashack said:
If she's a platy and female and she's been anywhere near a male everĀ then chances are she is pregnant! Had a look at the link and like with Adam the link didn't work. Without (and even sometimes with) a picture it's difficult to say, butĀ a fat, boxy-looking female platy who is close to giving birth usually has a single white spot in the anal finĀ area as well as the dark gravidĀ area between the body and the tail thatĀ Adam mentioned which represents the eyes of the fry being visible.
Heres a better picture of her
022013213850_zps32a12e21.jpg

I would say she is definitely pregnant, but as to how far it's difficult to say exactly. Has she had fry before? If so you can guesstimate that she will be having more in 4-5 weeks from the birth. Mine was exactly 5 weeks to the day.

Yes she is, however she doesn't look very close to dropping. I'd say another 2 weeks before she drops yet. Then again, I'm better with guppies and mollies than platies and Swordtails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back