Is my molly pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Marie76

Reaction score
My molly has ballooned in size for 2 and half months now. She was a lovely white with black spots and suddenly change colour. Is she pregnant or just fat?

Because she is a livebearer fish I would assume she's pregnant. What type of molly is it? Also can you send me a photo of her. She could just be a ballon molly and they have massive bellies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is not a balloon molly
I had 3

Attachments

• 20170827_220911.jpg
    20170827_220911.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 127
She is not a balloon molly
I had 3

Yes she's definitely pregnant, seems your way ahead of me putting her in her breeding box! I would say birth is 1-2 days away.
Good luck
~Karen

How long are they pregnant for? Seems this one wants to hold on to them.
I read it was up 60 days?

Oh that photo was taken about a month ago. So i thought she would of had some by now

Up to 6 weeks. That's strange, is there a male in the tank?? If not she can decide when she wants to have birth. All livebearers that are female can store sperm which means they can have birth without a male any time they want.

Sorry I missed a word it turned out as 'up to six weeks.'What I ment to say was Birth can take up to six weeks.

There was a male but we removed him as i didnt want both my mollies pregnant. Plus he would leave her alone. We moved him and then my platies started to bully my other molly but she then died. So just 1 molly left now. Im trying to upload a recent pic of her but it wont let me.

Oh right, now I know the male isn't with her anymore she has the power to chose when she wants to pop. If you do get a photo of her, I'll tell you an estimate until she has birth ;)
~Karen

Do u have a email address i could sent u a pic ?

I do but I'd rather keep that to myself. I know a way that will work:
Download Tapatalk,
Make an account on Tapatalk,
Type in tropicalfishfourum.net on Tapatalk,
Then you will be able to post a picture of your pregnant molly fish.
It works better on iPhones. Ive once tried it on a computer, but that makes it a lot more confusing.
~Karen

Ive downloaded taptalk but i cant find the link u sent only co.uk one. Ill keep trying to work it it out

It's the name of this forum, it's called tropicalfishfourum.net

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back