Is my guppy pregnant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Itā€™s a little high, I changed 60% yesterday and added that stuff I posted. Iā€™ve checked today, still high but better. Should I change the water again today?

Should I change the water again today?
Yes, The only safe level for Ammonia and Nitrite is zero.

I donā€™t have a tester that says the numbers, just the Tetra liquid that goes yellow if all good.

The fry tank and my male tanks are perfect, itā€™s just this tank I got from my son. Always seems to be something. Iā€™ve ordered a tester that dose the lot now.

Ok, so Iā€™ll change the water again today. What about the two tanks thatā€™s ok, specially with the seven fry in there, both changed Saturday, still showing fine. When should I changed them, if they stay fine.

Also, the fry tank has some algae in there now, would it be safe to put my Brussel nose in with the fry, Hes about three months old the fry one week.

Also, the fry tank has some algae in there now, would it be safe to put my Brussel nose in with the fry
I wouldn't. The bristlenose probably won't eat your fry but his bioload is more than all of the fry put together so adding him could cause water quality problems.

The algae won't bother the fry. If it bothers you just remove it.

Thanks seangee. Thatā€™s a dam good point.

Thanks everyone thatā€™s helped me here, your advice has been extremely helpful. Because of your input I have now taken water to Maidstone Aquatics and both fry and community tanks water are perfect. My female tank stilll needs a little more work, so Iā€™ve changed 60% water again today, added some stuff that MA gave me, plus the two safe. Iā€™ve taken the divider out and now all four female guppies are swimming happy again. I never knew a fish would stress out so much being on their own! Also the food tips, working well.

Thanks guys. Great forum this. So glad I joined.

This is the result of my big tank, nice and yellow, it was red only yesterday. No numbers yet but Iā€™ve ordered a proper tester that will give me the numbers but looking at this test, Iā€™m very happy. So too are my four guppies in the background of the pic.

Attachments

• 5F795CBA-2E65-40AC-B9DD-F0C4F36D4FA9.jpeg
    5F795CBA-2E65-40AC-B9DD-F0C4F36D4FA9.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 81

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back