Is my guppy pregnant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kokomaiii

Reaction score
I got her yesterday but realised her gravid spot is much darker and bigger than the other female in there? Is this an indication she is pregnant?

Attachments

• IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    965.8 KB · Views: 97
with live bearers you can always assume that they are always pregnant. even if there has been no contact with a male for up to 3 months.

with live bearers you can always assume that they are always pregnant. even if there has been no contact with a male for up to 3 months.

Six months ;)

OP; as Sean says, you can assume that all female livebearers are pregnant, all the time. however, you do NOT need to do anything special to care for the fish. We do not recommend the use of breeding boxes or nets; they're too small for the mother fish to feel comfortable, and too small for the fry to grow properly.

Concentrate on giving the fish the best water possible and add plenty of fine leaved, live plants to the tank, if you want some fry to survive.

may i add that it is not a good idea to try and bread them just to see what happens. once they start they dont stop and very quickly you will have way to many fish to handle and an overstocked tank.

may i add that it is not a good idea to try and bread them just to see what happens. once they start they dont stop and very quickly you will have way to many fish to handle and an overstocked tank.

I have a nursery tank set up and fish shop willing to take any babies to sell on so it's ok I shouldn't get overstocked. But thank you all for you advice at least I know she is pregnant.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back