Is My Dalmation Molly A Male Or Female?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chelsey1026

Reaction score
Is my molly a male or female its really hard to tell and if it is a girl is it prego? Im really knew and this and i want to make sure everthing is right. I also have a couple guppys that are prego how long do they stay prego?

Attachments

• 0114101200a.jpg
    0114101200a.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 290
  • 0114101200a.jpg
    0114101200a.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 247
do you think you could get a more clear picture?
and the females anal fins (the ones on the stomach area) are rounded as to the males who are pointed and in the least crude way possible....they have a you know what in between the anal fins

yes that picture no offense is like asking some one to look in a telescope and find how many moons pluto has....in other words you can't see anything

yes that picture no offense is like asking some one to look in a telescope and find how many moons pluto has....in other words you can't see anything

LOL i know that pic is pretty bad and i have tried to get better. By the pics i have look at i can tell what the sex is on some but some of the fish are kinda a pain. I guess i will have to wait and find out. Thank you for your help. And if it is prego any advice or idea about how long it takes to drop the fry?

Try these pictures to determine the sex of a poeciliid livebearer then. This is a male of a species of poeciliid. The key is in recognizing the shape of the anal fin, the fin right next to where the fish eliminates waste. The thin line shaped fin shouts male.
MaleCourt_640.jpg

This is a female of the same species of fish. The fan shaped or triangular fin shouts female.
Female3_640.jpg

Although these are not mollies, the same principle applies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back