Is my bronze catfish male or female

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Some of mine. First male / second female
Females show white bellies (full of eggs)
548809692492fca0415fcb2ee94eb295.jpg
5aad15faba7caf9e58b642a025135e7d.jpg
358b3b65091a2741b8bc1318ec5567d3.jpg
88c26b8d0c5bdb8f7da729fca3df2e4c.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

What are you afraid of? They lay eggs when they're ready. If you simply leave those they'll be eaten and if some survive there isn't a problem either.

When you put it like that . Its fine . I only have a small tank

Attachments

• 15196436816692063125109.jpg
    15196436816692063125109.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 106
It will be fine Kerrie.
In fact they should be in a bigger shoal / bigger tank but okay !

Im going to get one soon want a big one think they look lovely thankyou very much for your help

They are great in big shoals ! You're welcome

Just hover your gravel vac over the top of the sand and don't pick it up into the vac, collect the poop and stuff off the top of the sand, sand is usually too compact to accept larger debris into it like gravels do.

The corydoras will do the mixing of the substrate for you, and they will release any debris that gets caught up.

I have looked it up and im going to get it for this tank . How do i go about changing it over . Im so new to this a want to do it right. I have already lost 3 fish

First of all, you need to get yourself some test kits so you can test your water. Most fish deaths and 'diseases' are actually caused by poor water quality. You need tests for ammonia and nitrite, while tests for nitrate and pH are useful, but not quite so important.

Hopefully you've been told not to clean the filter out under the tap, but only in some old tank water. This is because there are useful bacteria living in the filter that 'eat' some of the fish's waste products and stop the water becoming toxic.

When you want to move fish to a new tank, you need to make sure that ALL the old filter media ('media' is anything that's inside the filter; sponges or ceramic rings are the most common types) gets moved into the new filter when you move the fish; those bacteria are your fish's life support system and it's most important that you don't lose them.

I have a test kit dont really get it yet but my friend who i got the tank off said i have hard tap water . I do put tap safe in but she never told me not to wash it under the tap so i will stop doing that

Hi i have two white mollys and im sure there both female but think one is pregnant

Attachments

• 20180417_095639.jpg
    20180417_095639.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 88
normally we suggest you start a new thread for a new topic, ie: pregnant mollies.
however, since it is here I can say she looks pregnant.

all female livebearers that have been in a tank with a male anytime during the last 6 months can be pregnant. This is because the males leave sperm packets in the females when they breed. The females can then use the sperm packets at a later date, anywhere up to 6 months after they mated.

The gestation period is about 1 month. If the fish has been that fat for more than 2 months it probably has worms.

Do not bother moving females that are really fat because you can stress them out. If you want babies then move the females into their own tank before they are huge, and have lots of plants, especially floating plants like Water Sprite in the tank.

Your female is not huge but is big and if you have to move her at this stage, catch her with a net and bring her near the surface, then use a small container to scoop her out with some water, and then move her into a new tank. Otherwise leave her alone.

Any tank you move pregnant females into need to have the same water chemistry and temperature as the main tank, and have a filter and contain at least 20 litres of water (preferably more).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back