Is It Possible To Buy New Aquarium Trim?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Starfishpower

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
say the center brace cracks on a tank, you can order a replacement from the company - strip it down - and put the new one on right? i googled this and came up with nothing, i couldnt find the home page for any brand name tank maker. here's what im thinking; i got the idea to put my bichir in a 40 breeder cause i like the tank dimensions L x W but i wouldnt mind having it a bit taller to give plenty of breathing/jumping space for my senegal. so what if i had a local glass company cut me the right size pieces and i siliconed them together - keeping in line with the 40 breeder's length by width dimensions but adding maybe 6 or so inches to the height - and then put something like a Top Fin trim on it for structural support. so where do you get trim from? can you?

say the center brace cracks on a tank, you can order a replacement from the company - strip it down - and put the new one on right? i googled this and came up with nothing, i couldnt find the home page for any brand name tank maker. here's what im thinking; i got the idea to put my bichir in a 40 breeder cause i like the tank dimensions L x W but i wouldnt mind having it a bit taller to give plenty of breathing/jumping space for my senegal. so what if i had a local glass company cut me the right size pieces and i siliconed them together - keeping in line with the 40 breeder's length by width dimensions but adding maybe 6 or so inches to the height - and then put something like a Top Fin trim on it for structural support. so where do you get trim from? can you?

u could always use some trim/molding for a house from home depot or where ever for a house add about a 1X1 square strip of wood to the inside to catch the top of the glass and sit on it than u got a top and for the bottom u can just make the trim out a bit bigger than the tank and silicone it right to the side of the tank flush w/ the bottom to cover the bottom 2 inches of tank

i thought of that but i wasnt sure if it would work. i bet it would though since i could always nail a brace down the center. ill have to look into that. :good: i am still curious though about whether or not i can order such a thing.

by the way, welcome to tropical fish forums :hi:

You can buy the top & bottom braces from any shop that sell All-Glass/Aqueon tanks. They do have to order these.

Instead of going through all that trouble why don't you just buy a 65 gallon? Same footprint, 24" deep. This will be cheaper in the long run.

thats the kind of thing everyone keeps telling me, buy a tank. i would it just seems like i never see these size tanks in my lfs. maybe they carry them since everyone seems to keep telling me they are standard sizes but idk. ill have to look. if i can get it id probably just get that, though i am presently leaning towards getting a 50 breeder.

thanks, i found a company in tennessee that does this too and they will ship it for a reasonable price, if i cant find it in a store ill just order it. ill take a closer look at aqueon too :good:

thanks, i found a company in tennessee that does this too and they will ship it for a reasonable price, if i cant find it in a store ill just order it. ill take a closer look at aqueon too :good:

i still say just build it lol itll save u the cost of a new tank and ull get what ever kind of trim look u want insded of the traditional boring black plastic i myself recently got done refurbishing a tank (not shure of the gallon size same base as a 55GAL just shorter) i ended up just supergluing all the old broken trim back togather talk about a puzzle when its in like 6 peices (currently setting up a terrarium in it)

quick question is there a terrarium section on this site if there isent there should be it is kinda fish related after all i mean most ppl that do terrariums also have fish ect. just making use out of an older tank my terrarium is going to be for hermit crabs im going to buy plexi glass and expand upward making pretty much a new tank that will sit in the recess on the trim on top of the existing tank

quick question is there a terrarium section on this site if there isent there should be it is kinda fish related after all i mean most ppl that do terrariums also have fish ect. just making use out of an older tank my terrarium is going to be for hermit crabs im going to buy plexi glass and expand upward making pretty much a new tank that will sit in the recess on the trim on top of the existing tank

well there is this

http://www.fishforums.net/category/30/Inve...Reptiles-Forum/

lots of ppl on there have crabs which need land and im pretty sure iv seen threads on there about terrariums so you should be able to get answers there :good:

Starfishpower said:

these guys sell aquarium trim

http://www.aquariumframeswholesale.com/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back