is it ok to turn off my filter at night during a fishless cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It is too small because 2 goldfish need 150 litres no matter how small they are. If they are intended for a pond they should go in there now.

The tank is not cycled because it takes several weeks to cycle a tank. It took 7 weeks for me to cycle a 26 litre tank using ammonia. And adding fish food is not the best way to cycle.

Goldfish are very messy fish. Because they are messy and you intend putting 2 of them in a tank that is far too small, the ammonia level will build up very quickly. Even if the fish survive, they will be permanently harmed.

I suggest you head down to the Coldwater Fish and Ponds section http://www.fishforums.net/forums/coldwater-fish-and-ponds.18/ and ask their opinion if you don't believe me.

essjay is 100% right.

Please read her posts, and the links she's given you, carefully. The information you've been given is, honestly, about 30 years out of date.

A goldfish won't grow properly or stay healthy in an small, uncycled tank.

ok but ive been told by my dad and by you guys and im super confused cos my dad and my grandad basically all my family have pet fish and theyve never cycled there tank and there fish are happy and heathly

Hi regarding gold fish size.

On the left the size you get them from a fish shop, on the right and I doubt that fish is fully grown.

biggoldfish-12c2ac3df3bc215422beb434e8cbe094_v_1404923404.jpeg

ok thanks and like i said i will put my goldfish in my pond when its to big for yhe tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back