Is It A Leak?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

csiguru

Reaction score
Help!!!! Whatwith one thing and another this has been a terrible week for us with out fish tank, first we had whitespot, now our plec is sick and to top it off I think the tank may be leaking.

I bought a 68ltr Fish Box by Interpet from Pets at Home a few months ago, its just a bedroom tank so didn't have the room or moeny for anything bigger. Everything had seemed fine but I noticed tonight a small pool of water at the of the tank, to the right rear. I mopped this up but noticed it had sort of travelled under the bottom of the tank and round to the front. I have since been constantly mopping up more water that seems to have seeped underneath the tank at the back.

My concern is, was this a result of the pump being too high - after a water change last week it was put back slightly higher up than usual and the condensation cover was higher up than normal so I'm hoping this may have caused the initial pool of water? (i have since placed the filter lower down in the water - it was very high up before)

Or more worryingly do you think it could be a leak? Are these tanks prone to leaking - especially from the base area? There is no water running down the back or sides.

I have marked the water level as it sits at the moment and I will monitor the situation in the morning, but i'm desperately worried as I don't have a spare tank - even if i can empty this one out and take it back to petshop for replacement - I have no-where to put the fish in the meantime :(

Am i worrying needlessly do you think???

Let's hope next week is a better week in the fish world :)

Marion

If the filter was high up that could of been causing the water to splash out.
I'm afraid time will tell if the glass is cracked underneath or seal gone on the tank.
What is the tank resting on, does it have a sheet undermeath to protect it.

If you need to move the fish you can use plastic toy boxes, or storage boxes.
Also add filter and heater and put some netting over the top. Or some cling film with loads of holes pierced. Until you can buy new tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back