Is A Goldfish And A Minnow Ok Together?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Payton

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have recently went through a small steam next to my house. I got some minnows and a few snails out of it. I have them in Quarantine until next week. I already have a goldfish in the bigger tank. Are the minnow and goldfish going to fight?

Here is a pic of the minnow and goldfish. DSC_0005.jpg 

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 172
The goldfish looks like either a shubunkin or a comet, both of which can get over a foot long. The minnow will likely be eaten.
Do your local laws allow you to collect native fish?

(I've forgotten if I've said hello already, but just in case, welcome to the forums :) )

I agree with lyra on this one, most streams or rivers have laws that protect the fish from being taken from that place, unless you have permission. So I would check on that, and also a lyra said, usually with goldfish, anything that fits in there mouths are gone...

I read your other post...a comet is not a small adult goldfish! It won't do well in a ten gallon. It will get stunted more than likely because it won't have room to grow. Then it will have health problems. You already lost one most likely due to ammonia poisoning. I highly suggest taking this fish back and then at least looking at the ADULT sizes of any more fish before you purchase them. A lot of nice looking fish will not stay small and don't do well in a ten gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back