Invasive Snail Or Nerite Snail Baby?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BaylorPerez

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i am alittle confused on which snail may of hatched, could you help identify this as i am concerned as it could be a invasive snail species  Although the shape of the snail is the shape of my previous mystery snails and color

Attachments

• IMG_2286.JPG
    IMG_2286.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 153
nerite snail eggs will only hatch in salt water

i know that, but when i woke up it looked like a nerite snail baby, then i took a better look, the snail looks like a mystery snail, but as i got them from a invasive snail infested tank i dont want to take any chances if these are invasive 

The only way a snail population becomes 'invasive' is if there is a large amount of food for them to munch on.  If proper husbandry is maintained (not too much food in the tank, detritus removed regularly, etc.) then the only other way the snail population will grow huge is with excessive algae growth.  But, in that case, they are doing you a service.

In other words, you have nothing to worry about with a few 'invasive' snails, unless you are lax in your maintenance or overfeeding.

i havent fed them today yet, i think i may put abit less food in today so i can see if their are any other tiny snails 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back