Introducing..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Makaha_Town

Reaction score
ME! :lol: heheh jk. Hi, my name is Ashley and I live on the island of O`ahu (Hawaii). So I guess I'll ramble on a little bit about me!
My first fish were surprises from my boyfriend....who caught them in a stream by his cousins house (and I was so not expecting fish, even though I really really wanted some)....so I've been crash coursing my fish experience from there. He caught a whole bunch of HUGE swordtails and one Goby on accident. The goby was the only one that didn't die in a matter of months and he's been with me ever since (little over a year). He's my most favorite fish (heheh) but now he's DYING :-( and I don't know what's wrong with him (will be asking questions in a different forum). My uncle discovered huge firemouth cichlids that run in schools in a stream nearby....so I think I just might have to catch some. I've been caring for only wild fish and just recently bought some fish from the store....actually a whole bunch lol. I know it's not good to mix with wild fish, but my wild fish have no disease and none of the store bought ones developed anything either...it's been half a year now, so it's all good. Recently got a 50 gal tank and a gigantic Cichlid in it (he wasn't wanted anymore by his owner...how sad) which I have no clue on his type....but he sure is big. About a foot or so from mouth to tail end. I also have some baby koi which I was trying to study on....but they are damn hard to care for! What a challenge...don't think I'll be having any kids while those fish are alive! :D

Okay, that wasn't quite "a little"...but that's me and that's it!

Hi Ashley
Welcome to the forums
Cant imagine what it is like to go to a local stream and catch tropical fish
Where I live the only thing you are likely to catch at a local stream is double pneumonia :)
Sorry to hear about your goby :/

Oh the money I could save if I just moved to Hawaii... :p
Welcome to TFF, glad your here!

wow that must be amazing to go to a stream out side your house an dsee fish that i can only dream of. That is deffinatly a dream of mine to move some where were i can just go out my door and go for swim with tangs and other tropical fish. Do you ever go snorkling on reefs around you?

wow that must be amazing to go to a stream out side your house an dsee fish that i can only dream of. That is deffinatly a dream of mine to move some where were i can just go out my door and go for swim with tangs and other tropical fish. Do you ever go snorkling on reefs around you?

Yup, me and my boyfriend usually go out every so often to dive for tako (octopus as you folks say?). You guys probably think it's gross, but we like to dry it and cut up the legs to eat. We also boil it. We also try to look for the slipper lobster. They are SO WAY BETTER than the regular main lobster that you get in restraunts!!! So if you ever decide to move to Hawaii, seeing saltwater fish you'd buy in stores would be an everyday thing. (tangs, moray eel, puffer fish, angel fish etc...) When I first found out they actually sell saltwater fish I wanted to laugh!! You can just go out and catch them! But then again, Hawaii is all about preserving our reefs....plus it's just so darn easier to just buy a fish heheh.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back