Interesting ghost shrimp behavior

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NLindsey921

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have one ghost shrimp in my tank. This morning I fed frozen bloodworms and noticed some interesting behavior from her. She was sitting on top of a piece of driftwood with her bloodworm and one of the neons was coming up behind her. She hit the neon with her whisker looking thing and the neon backed off. Is this normal behavior for a ghost shrimp. I wish I could have gotten video. It was kinda cool.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

If you are in the UK and ghost shrimp you have are actually feeder shrimp commonly sold in the UK then this is often seen as the UK species is quite aggressive, especially to nano fish

Oh i just saw your other post with pictures, looks like you have Neocaridina Sp. in that case, thats an interesting behaviour!

I'm pretty certain it's not neocardina because it's twice as big as my snowball neocardina shrimp.

Oh in that case, the bigger ones are more aggressive. Keep an eye on them because when i had mine they caught juvenile guppies and ate them alive from the tail end :(

Oh in that case, the bigger ones are more aggressive. Keep an eye on them because when i had mine they caught juvenile guppies and ate them alive from the tail end :(
Interesting.

Do you think they can do that to full grown neon tetra.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back