Im unable to manage other betta fry food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So im thinking about feeding them first bite by hikari or optimum betta food. Will this help in fry growth?

If the food is small enough for the babies, it will help them grow. The best foods for baby fish are high protein foods with a protein level above 50%. Egg yolk is basically 100% protein and so is newly hatched brineshrimp. If these are unavailable, then get a commercial fry food with a high protein and no grains in. Some fish foods have wheat, corn and other grains in them and fish can't digest this so try to get a food without grains in.

I knew this would happen, Its why I said you should do a lot of research before you let them breed.

You can buy brine shrimp etc here.
https://dir.indiamart.com/impcat/brine-shrimp-egg.html
Dear nickau i knew you were waiting for my such question. I have figured out that problem by myself but for short time. When you have nothing to do but you are willing to do something then you get new ideas
Im feeding them egg yolk as well as newly born mosquito larvae and i think it is helping them. But thats little time consuming so i wanted to change food.
Im giving you free suggestion when you do mistake admit it instead of hurting ego or waiting for your turn. People will love you when you focus on solutions instead of problems.
Thank you for your link. I can buy here online but i want to search alternative because i want to teach some other peoples who can spend less money on fry food. Thats why im experiencing by myself and when ill get complete knowledge then ill share with them

I understand what you are trying to do, but what you should have done was find all this out before you bred the fish not after as I suggested in another post.

Look I have nothing against you breeding fish as long as you do it properly and breed decent quality fish that you can sell, nobody is interested in spoon head veil tails and crown tails for example.

Your next big problem will be separating all the males into their own jars, then maintaining each jar so the fish has great water and grows its fins and displays nice colors, then you start culling all the sub standard fish.

Im feeding them egg yolk

You should be feeding them micro foods like Infusoria,Vinegar Eels, Microworms, Banana Worms, and Walter Worms.

• For the first three days after becoming free-swimming the fry will need very miniscule foods. Infusoria and tiny free-living nematodes like Vinegar Eels, Microworms, Banana Worms, and Walter Worms make great first foods.
  • After 3 days they will be large enough to also start feeding on baby brine shrimp.
  • After a week continue to feed baby brine shrimp, but feeding the tiny nematodes will no longer offer any nutritional value.
  • At 3-4 weeks continue to feed baby brine shrimp, but you can also introduce finely grated frozen foods. Frozen Bloodworms and frozen Daphnia work great. The Hikari brand is a good choice because their frozen foods have vitamins added before packaging and the food goes through a strict parasite decontamination process.
  • At 4-5 weeks you can keep feeding brine shrimp, but you can also introduce live Blackworms. These are aquatic worms and are great because they will live in the tank until they are eaten. Grindal Worms are also a good food that can be introduced at this time. Brine Shrimp, Blackworms, and Grindal Worms can all be fed to adult bettas as well.
  • At about 8-9 weeks the fry are starting to mature. Live Brine Shrimp and Bloodworms are still ideal foods, along with frozen foods. At this time dry foods can also be introduced.

http://animal-world.com/newsfeed/breeding-bettas-part-3-raising-betta-fry-and-care/

Yes fish keeping and breeding can be expensive and there are no short cuts if you want healthy quality stock.

Last edited:
You should have a brine shrimp hatchery

There are a few members here including myself who feed only live food and frozen to our fish and we will gladly help you.

Last edited:
I understand what you are trying to do, but what you should have done was find all this out before you bred the fish not after as I suggested in another post.

Look I have nothing against you breeding fish as long as you do it properly and breed decent quality fish that you can sell, nobody is interested in spoon head veil tails and crown tails for example.

Your next big problem will be separating all the males into their own jars, then maintaining each jar so the fish has great water and grows its fins and displays nice colors, then you start culling all the sub standard fish.

You should be feeding them micro foods like Infusoria,Vinegar Eels, Microworms, Banana Worms, and Walter Worms.

http://animal-world.com/newsfeed/breeding-bettas-part-3-raising-betta-fry-and-care/

Yes fish keeping and breeding can be expensive and there are no short cuts if you want healthy quality stock.
Yes. I all planned about where to keep fry after they flare each other, other things and they will work 100%. But i think i missed one term you mentioned in above post. Culling. Lets see how they will look and ill share their pics here. Then you can tell me about how to cull.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back