I'm disgusted with people who keep fish and can't look after them

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JL94x4

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score

This video absolutely makes me sick.

Please report this channel, if you watch his other video he absolutely encourages fighting between fish, and even put a goldfish in with Cichlids.

I responded to his video, even though it was likely to fall on deaf ears...but then realized the date it was posted. His fish likely died and he's no longer in the hobby.
------
All too often we find uninformed people that think they know the answers when in fact, they don't even understand the questions. There is a learning curve in fishkeeping...and I don't mean to be a Preacher or if I am, it's one who has sinned. I recall ignorant days in my youth in the hobby and mistakes I made. We (or perhaps just I) just didn't know about the N2 cycle in the 60's.
------
Oh well, in any case, I feel it's up to serious fishkeepers to at least attempt to educate hobby newbies for the sake of the fish and the hobby in general.

I considered taking a PT position in a Petco aquatics Dept. I declined due to the fact that staff do not educate customers regarding nitrogen cycle, tank sizes, and compatible fish. I would have been fired the first week for doing so. They are instructed to make sales, not care for the stock. Uneducated people carry the fish home and kill them or give up and flush them. Makes me sick, too!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back