Im Back With A New Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Goggy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, im back in the forums, and for my birthday i recently got a Hairy Puffer from my friend. Apparently its really rare in the aquarium trade and the price ranges arond 50-60$. And its really nice and easy to keep, but its practically a rock, it's color matches the substrate im using and it is SO inactive. So, here is my puffer: 
IMG_0013.JPG

I'll be honest here and admit I had never heard of a Hairy Puffer.

But sure enough, there it is Hairy Puffer - Tetraodon baileyi

Seems to prefer sandy substrate, some hiding places and moderate flow. Best kept as single specie tank as is the case with most puffers anyway.

70 litre / 18 gal US tank suitable.

Neutralish pH 6.5 - 7.5 and 5 - 12 deg hardness but there seems to be a lack of real accurate data.

Interesting.

Pretty wicked looking dude! Congrats on getting back. Love to see new and interesting fish.

When my friend told me about this hairy puffer, i had no clue what it was. Then i went to Google and saw it looked almost exactly like a Congo Puffer. Its just the hairy puffer lives around Southeast Asia, they actually live in the Mekong River, which is the local river in Bangkok

Right now my tank looks like Disneyland, no real plants at all. Instead a ceramic jellyfish, ceramic submarine, a glass tube, a ceramic pot, and 2 fake plants. Today im going to the store to pick up some driftwood and some more decorations which my puffer can hide in.

Here are some more shots of my puffer and my tank. The anubis plants were installed just now.
IMG_0022.JPGIMG_0016.JPGIMG_0015.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back