If Easy-Life Easy-Carbo Any Good?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dorecs

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks,
As my tanks only 30L is it dangerous to use these kind of chemicals as the tank is so small even a tiny bit too much could have a big effect?

It says 1ml per 50L so i would need 0.6ml which isn't easy to measure accurately!

Does bubbling air through the tank help atall?

dorecs said:

Thanks,
As my tanks only 30L is it dangerous to use these kind of chemicals as the tank is so small even a tiny bit too much could have a big effect?

It says 1ml per 50L so i would need 0.6ml which isn't easy to measure accurately!

Evidently I cannot use the quote button! I'll have to learn how to do that properly :D

If you don't have a syringe small enough you could potentially dilute a smaller amount by say half and then double the dose.

dorecs said:
No, it has the opposite effect - the bubbles breaking at the surface will 'gas off'* the CO2

*or 'off gas' I forget which...maybe both

Isn't EasyCarbo stronger though? I remember reading somewhere that it's the strongest you can get on the market.

I use EasyCarbo on my 64L and recommend it.  It's good stuff.

You use the correct dosage for your size tank.  No tank is too small, you just need a small syringe for measuring.

If you have a heavily planted tank you can double dose it (I do this).

Bubbling air through the tank will gas off dissolved CO2 (or, if you are not adding CO2 gas then it will help to replenish CO2 from the atmosphere) but it won't affect liquid carbon.

Great thanks for the replies,

I'll pick up either the Easy-Carbo or the Neutro CO2 next time im at the store, whichever they have,

Will they effect my fish? I've got neons, lampeye's and a betta, 

Not unless you seriously over dose, then it's lethal.

508 said:
Isn't EasyCarbo stronger though?

I've not seen anybody have it tested. I've got the test strips to do it myself, but use them for my own mixes.

Most reactions

trending

Back