Id This Synodontis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RobertandWendy

Reaction score
Sold as a Petricola, and by adult size and small eyes, kind of looks like one. However, the markings!?! Is this a variation of a Petricola or one that isn't in Axelrod? Picture attached and fish was purchased by Wendy app. 6 years ago, so I don't think it is a Taiwanese hybrid : /

Cheers / Robert and Wendy

Attachments

• Unknown Syno small.jpg
    Unknown Syno small.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 261
image.jpg
image.jpg
I don't know it does seem a cross of a Place catfish. Also my catfish is a Lace and it seems bloated I have a betta fish in the same tank and they are not bothered of each other. I do think he may be pregnant because his belly was a little big when I got him,but I don't think that that would be the case. I think he might be bloated but when I tried feeding him a shell pea he wouldn't eat it. Do you have an answer. Also I'll do some research for you.

IMG_1791.PNG
I was looking around the internet to see what I could find and I a petricola that had very similar markings. The bottom one has markings almost like the one in the photo you showed and is a petricola.

@darthdexter your fish is not a synodontis catfish but it is a spotted Raphael.

Oh I thought it did not look like one I just assumed I got it wrong. Petco is so bad at knowing which fish I went back to check and they had a different fish in the tank with the same label for it. That bugs me for people who go into pet stores. Thank you for telling me. Also do you think his/her belly should be that big? it does not look good.

Sold as a Petricola, and by adult size and small eyes, kind of looks like one. However, the markings!?! Is this a variation of a Petricola or one that isn't in Axelrod? Picture attached and fish was purchased by Wendy app. 6 years ago, so I don't think it is a Taiwanese hybrid : /

Cheers / Robert and Wendy

The markings Look a lot like a feather fin catfish. Here is a picture of one.Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 7.30.24 PM.png
I am not an expert but I know that the fish you have might be a feather fin from this photo.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back