Id This Spider Please?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well lucky you then, i almost got one of those things on me in the forest, lets just say i stopped at the right moment, id probaly die of shock if one of those climbed on my face.

You must be in a very urban area of Georgia. I did my basic training at Ft Benning and there were all kinds of creepy crawlees. I caught geckos, anoles, saw all kinds of spiders. I looked for cottonmouths but couldn't find any. I wouldn't have tried to catch it but I would have loved to see one in the wild.

As for the venomous thing. All spiders are venomous but most species aren't dangerous and of those only a handful have the ability to kill. Even the black widow can only make an adult really sick for days but not necessarily kill them unless they have an allergy to them. If someone has an allergy to spider bites than that's where the danger is. Same goes for bees and ants though.

You should let it bite you. Maybe you will turn into spiderman or spiderwoman!!!!! Ok..no...don't let it bite you x_x

stanleo said:
You must be in a very urban area of Georgia. I did my basic training at Ft Benning and there were all kinds of creepy crawlees. I caught geckos, anoles, saw all kinds of spiders. I looked for cottonmouths but couldn't find any. I wouldn't have tried to catch it but I would have loved to see one in the wild.

As for the venomous thing. All spiders are venomous but most species aren't dangerous and of those only a handful have the ability to kill. Even the black widow can only make an adult really sick for days but not necessarily kill them unless they have an allergy to them. If someone has an allergy to spider bites than that's where the danger is. Same goes for bees and ants though.
Uh, nope, not urban, at least I don't think it is.. the population here is 1,804 as of 2011. It takes 20 mins to get to walmart and fast food. Longer to get to anywhere else ^^' I'm sure there are loads of creepy crawlies around here and I just havn't seen them, I hate being outside and don't really look for them, cause, well, creepy :p
As long as no one is going to die from being bitten by it then I don't really feel threatened by it being on the porch, hopefully none of us are allergic to spider bites.. 
lookaround.gif

well in NC we have a abundance of snakes and spiders here, but our main investion is mosquito fish in my area .... so i wonder how to stop that.

Nice you have that spider there as well. In one of my many travels across Asia, i saw that spider being used as a 'derby' by kids and adults alike wherein they would wage bets and stage stick fights with other spider-owners :D

Sadly she moved on somewhere, no longer guarding our front porch :p

That's..very interesting :lol:

It is. A local said it comes in sizes as small as a button up to a size of a medium-sized coin. It's fun to watch the losing spider get tangled by thick white webs by the winnig spider and they call that a "fishball" lol

I wonder why they call it that? Feel sort of sorry for the losing spider :p

Coz they a delicacy called fishball thats on sticks. Kinda resembles the losing spider i guess. I know! but they sell a lot of that spider so i guess pity nullified then? Lol

That makes sense. :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back